Fg F6 Aux Port Not Working And Ipod Kit

sprouly07

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 9m 10d

Hey guys I just bought a fg f6 and the aux port isn't working properly. Can plug in my iphone with an aux cord and can't hear anything, I can turn the volume all the way up and you can only just hear the music, like you really have to concentrate to hear it. I thought maybe it was just the cable so I got one off a mate that had one in his car that he used everyday and it was doing the exact same thing.

I've done a quick search and didn't find anything so I just wondering if there is a known issue with this?

Also I was going through the centre console and found a plug in there and after talking to a couple people I believe it's for a iPod/iPhone kit? 19e15b7243b13cde3c85169a4d73737c.jpg

Is that actually for the iPod kit? And if it is I know it goes to a 30pin plug for the old iPhone 4 or older iPods. I have a quote from ford to get the iPod kit for $130 does anyone know where else I would be able to get it from.

Also I went to jaycar to see if they sold that kit and the guy there said I could run into dramas using an adaptor for the 30pin to the lighting plug because he believed the lighting port doesn't have an audio out which is difficult to believe since people use a lighting charging cable straight into their head unit and they get sound out of it.

If anyone can shine some light on either of these issues that would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member For: 9y 3m 10d

Hey guys I just bought a fg f6 and the aux port isn't working properly. Can plug in my iphone with an aux cord and can't hear anything, I can turn the volume all the way up and you can only just hear the music, like you really have to concentrate to hear it. I thought maybe it was just the cable so I got one off a mate that had one in his car that he used everyday and it was doing the exact same thing.

I've done a quick search and didn't find anything so I just wondering if there is a known issue with this?

Also I was going through the centre console and found a plug in there and after talking to a couple people I believe it's for a iPod/iPhone kit? 19e15b7243b13cde3c85169a4d73737c.jpg

Is that actually for the iPod kit? And if it is I know it goes to a 30pin plug for the old iPhone 4 or older iPods. I have a quote from ford to get the iPod kit for $130 does anyone know where else I would be able to get it from.

Also I went to jaycar to see if they sold that kit and the guy there said I could run into dramas using an adaptor for the 30pin to the lighting plug because he believed the lighting port doesn't have an audio out which is difficult to believe since people use a lighting charging cable straight into their head unit and they get sound out of it.

If anyone can shine some light on either of these issues that would be greatly appreciated.

Try a wreckers for the iPod cable and as for the 30pin to lightning adaptor I use the genuine Apple one and it works fine on my iPhone 6.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

Yes looks like youre missing the kit (will have a flap thing and a iphone 4 cable that connects to the icc).

For my mrs iPhone 5, I bought an adaptor which clips in. She still has her 4 as work phone, so if that needs a charge/play I just take off the adapter. Its worked fine for the last 2.5yrs.....I bought a rip off $25 from good guys I think....but theres cheap ones on ebay in HK / China...but NFI how long they last.

Think theres MR FPV on ebay (think hes on other forum too) and not sure if he is the guy who sells phone kits, ICC and so on....cant remember name right now :/

But they were 'premium' prices and would be cheapest from wrecker...but the $120 from Ford

• Donating Members

Cheers guys I didn't even think of the wreckers. Will call around and see what I can find.

Any ideas on why the aux port wouldn't be working, is there a common problem with them?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

No idea mine always worked (until I changed my surround to a FPV one) think it might be from a GT that doesnt have the aux (or maybe mkii cause bluetooth sync 2)

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members

So I've checked the setting and the only thing I could find was under audio<options<media volume<aux

I tried adjusting that as I had it plugged in and playing. Had the volume at 35 and could hear more static than actually music. I even had to turn the ac off just to hear it that's how quiet it is. I tried resetting the audio settings thinking if there was a setting changed somewhere then that would fix it. Still nothing.

Took the shifter surround off and checked that the plug wasn't half out or something stupid like that for the aux port and it wasn't.

I guess the next thing is too check the connection in the back of the icc I guess?

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 11y 1m 28d

I BELIEVE that the lightning connector doesn't put out raw audio. Only a digital form that needs to be decoded. That's why a lot of the car connectors come with the lightning and 3.5mm mini jack

as for the 3.5mm mini jack, as for every accessory in the ford's they are sh*t cheap quality. They would have tiny little soldered connections and I bet you would have a bad or failing join on one of em. Best things to rip it out and see if you can see anything loose or just replace the whole circuit. Test for continuity with a multimeter if you can before replacing it