My Build (Another Xr6 Turbo) Photos Galore

turboknapp

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 2d

Looking good man! Is my brain playing tricks on me or is the left 2 exhaust pipes slightly larger than the right 2?

Also are you painting the rear brembos blue or front ones black? Hope its the latter

Must be drinking at work, they are the same. Or I haven't been drinking enough at work and can't see it.

Going to leave them black and blue I think

• Donating Members

So had a productive wkend chipping away at the car, was happy with the progress and starting to get some of the Fraud Quality irks that I have fixed up.

Turbo out

kBgcvXv.jpg

xXY3cBd.jpg

Off to have the new rear housing ported and the GTX installed, I will be replacing the exhaust manifold and turbo bolts with these

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Exhaust-Stud-Kit-Turbo-Manifold-Extractors-6-Cyl-BA-BF-FG-XR6-FPV-Typhoon-/281361179982?hash=item41826ee54e:m:mQ0vQcxiNFda4uNSWh8xJ0g

Was pretty happy with the balance in the tune, certainly not over fuelling which is good. No "more smoke = more power" issues here.

NMpIheS.jpg

Intake Manifold removed for the FG Conversion

UuM6sCK.jpg

While this is all out, I will swap the fittings on the surge tank to JIC plus tidy up the harnessing and put some proper clamps in place.

There is a decent amount of room once it is just the long block sitting in the engine bar

J607Hwk.jpg

While I was messing around, figured I would dummy fit the new manifold see if I was going to have any huge issues

zWF9BDK.jpg

Only issue so far is the coolant line fouling on the manifold, will be an easy fix. Will cut the pipe and put an extension in there.

dB2RZrH.jpg

So at this point in time, the car is well apart. While I'm excited with where I am going power wise with the car, after shooting the sh*t with Wiggum last night I'm really looking forward to getting the stereo installed. Will be taking the interior out to sound matt the car, but at the moment that is low down on the "to do" car list.

Probably would get more done, if Tocchi's pit crew were actually helpful

FGY4VvT.jpg

• Like 3

• Donating Members

FG Manifold flows just as good as any after market B series plenum, I'm not going for a horsepower hero I just want to max out the GTX.

With that in mind, getting a brand new FG manifold is approx 1/4 the price of a PW or Plazmaman Plenum. Add in the cost of the a few custom intake pipes, it is still under half the cost.

After seeing some of the results FG's were getting with the factory manifold, I thought why not

• Like 2