My Build (Another Xr6 Turbo) Photos Galore

turboknapp

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 27d
5 minutes ago, JETURBO said:

What's the 76 feeling like on gate ?

Its punchy, but as we found today there is little timing etc. 

So got a good hour of logs, will have a look amd adjust from there. Eboost will also get tweaked with gate pressure etc

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members

Been a bit going on with the car, We finally got sometime in the car doing some logs and power runs. 

@Ralph Wiggum worked some magic with the tune, even had a bash behind the wheel of his old whip. Car is pushing 22 pound strong on PULP, tweaking the eboost has really brought the car alive. Still really haven't added any timing so there is still more in it. 

Was quite entertaining listening to the car building boost on cruise control going up Toodyay road. Gotta fix a couple of fuel delivery hiccups, then its off to get some dyno time for the E85 tune, then RaceWars.

Current position of car, will be completed over the weekend. Was good as also fixed the leaking diff axle seals and the shagged centre bearing.

X0AaO6l.jpg

W4vceUi.jpg

Couple of little things to do now, the boss has been pretty understanding with this all and is giving me some leeway to get the car ready.

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d
On 1/20/2017 at 9:15 PM, turboknapp said:

the boss has been pretty understanding with this all and is giving me some leeway to get the car ready.

Noiiiice one.  That helps a lot!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

So as Racewars gets closer I have been spending more and more time in the shed trying to get everything ready for Albany and the dyno/E85 Tune prior to that.

So Sat morning first of the RW Scruitineering days was upon us. Was a nice way to kick of the day, Ralphy had been putting in big hours to be ready for the wkend. It was the first time that both our cars were actually out on their own steam together.

ge3uY1K.jpg

So after a bit of a cluster in regards to how the inspections were done, car rolled through. After an initial knock back due to a coil over spring misalignment, the day finished like this

HNoN57h.jpg

Feeling pretty I <3 Bananasen chuffed with how it all went, I took it easy not he way home coz race car and all. Murphy's law decided to hit, it seems like its just one thing after another at the moment.

So currently shed looks like this, 2 wks to dyno and 3 wks to RaceWars

4JgiazT.jpg

jh46306.jpg

My wife is going to hate me!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Yeh looks like bearing has collapsed, no damage that I can see.

Thanks

7 minutes ago, eff xr6t said:

Hey look there's me in the backgroundemoji23.png.

Sucks about the turbo man. I feel your pain mine is just about the same it's had a notch in it and made terrible run down noises for years keep waiting for it's day to come.

Yeh I saw you rock up, I tried to catch you but before I knew it the car was in the shop and then you were gone.