Will +45 Offset Fit Ba Falcon Xr6

zorb

• Member For: 8y 3m 27d

Hey guys tried searching can't get an exact answer I got offered some 18x8.5 rims with a 45mm offset running 235/40/18 tyres.

I assume this makes them a bit skinnier but will they fit on a falcon xr6?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks that's sort of what I was thinking. What about 20" with +38 offset with 265/45/20 tyres. Will these tyres be too wide.

Mate has a few sets up in Bendigo and I am heading up for christmas. Unfortunately I wont have my car to try them on though. Hence all the questions.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 24d

You need to do it properly. Have a read of the BA/BF wheel thread and see what sizes others are using.

A 265/45/20 would throw your speedo out a fair bit...no point wasting money on a rushed decision.

Play around with the wheel/tyre calculators and measure how they will move compared to your current setup. Most OEM post AU rims are 8" wide +36.5 offset...

Yeah I know but the 20s are cheap $300 with brand new kumho's on them so I think ill just buy and store them and find something more suitable further down the track. Wheel place near me swaps and buys rims so I'll approach them and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the advice.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 24d

Its your cash.....so do as you please.

Dont forget tyres have a shelf life of 5yrs...some say 6 yrs max. After a few yrs performance significantly declines.

Then look at camber wear and making sure they are still legal (bought some tyres which I thought were fine, til I was shown the sectional camber wear deeming them illegal).

Best of luck, hope you can swap them up to something suitable and dont get stuck with them ;)

Edit: realised you said new...so if that's true the camber part wont relate too much. But its still very possible to buy new old stock and for it to be close to becominy sh1tty wok.

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

Yeah :) missus has a Territory so worse comes to worst they'll go on that so not so much a sh*tty purchase...cash was raised selling some old car audio so not out of pocket as such.

I honestly do appreciate the help and will go back and do some further research as to what I like on the car.

These are Equus Geneva's and I really liked the look on the falcon so ill go back make some calls see if I cant find them in the size I want or something similar.