Welcome to Ford XR6 Turbo.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

CJF077

Forum Upgrade - Donations Required

52 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

We are looking at upgrading the site FY2016 and need to upgrade the look and feel as well as a whole heap of software.

This will include some development time as well to ensure the design is upgraded to work with the new software as well as update all of the "applications" we use on a daily basis.

I have put together some pricing below , this does not include paypal fees and all the rest of it, so have rounded the price up accordingly:

Upgrade Design / Database to Latest Version 4.1.52 $450 USD

Gallery $75 USD

Contact System $39 USD.

Blog $75 USD

Garage - $39 USD

Time Slip System $29 USD

Donation Tracker $39 USD

Classifieds $100 USD.

Tutorials $40 USD

IP Nexus $100 USD

Videos System $39 USD

Content System $100 USD

Pro Menu $75 USD

Birthday Greeter $14 USD

Forum Logos $12.50 USD

Due to this massive cost we are hoping that the member's who use the site on a daily basis can donate some funds towards this. You can do this by clicking on the link - Site Upgrade Donation

The cost we have to do this is $1800 AUD.

This cost does not include a design update, as this would be additional but I think we aim to try and get the software up to date first.

Hoping we can put this together and have this work scheduled for 2016!

Unfortunately at the moment the costs from advertising are only covering the server and upkeep of the back end administration. We aren't fortunate enough to have our advertiser's cover the costs of this as we used to.

Thanks again guys! We have been running now for close to 14 years! Lets keep this running moving forward!

Update 22/12/2015 - Thanks to the donations overnight of $350 we have managed to purchase some of the items I have marked them off with a crossthrough so that we can see what is still outstanding and what we have purchased so far. Thanks again!

Update 23/12/2015 - We have hit $575. Have adjusted the items purchased above accordingly.

Update 24/12/2015 - We have hit $650. Have adjusted the items purchased above accordingly. Still around $1150 AUD to go.

Update 28/12/2015 - We have just hit $740. Still a fair bit to go. Let's aim to do this for 2016! Thanks again guys!

Update 5/1/2016 - We have just hit $840. Still a fair bit to go. Let's aim to do this for 2016! Thanks again guys!

We have also been quoted $600 AUD to update the theme / design to a new fresher look and feel, and update the header and internal pages with a fresh new look. It has been a few years since we updated the image (actually when the FG first came out in 2008), so we think its time for a fresh update. If you would like to donate to this. The link is here - Update Site Theme / Design Donation

Done - will double the donation if Keef makes a proper build post on his car

edit: haha - getting changed in donation status removed my CC status

Edited by Rab
4 people like this

Done. Should advise that donating will give access to BOWELS and many many many lols.....

3 people like this

I think I donated? Went through the steps, signed into PayPal, it said payment was successful then redirected me back, but apart from that I don't have any way of knowing if it really went through?

I have the same problem when donating. No receipts either, but the fact that my status changes to the group of Donating member the next day is a good sign.

1 person likes this

Thanks guys! We had $300 hit our paypal overnight. So will go through buying some of the stuff we need today! Amazing support! If you are having issues please send me a PM and I will have a look at paypal and your account to ensure it went through.

Hope my donation goes towards stopping all the gaysex spam

Sorry Jet, I know you like it but it gets sooooo annoying

4 people like this

I have the same problem when donating. No receipts either, but the fact that my status changes to the group of Donating member the next day is a good sign.

Nothing in PayPal. I'll give it a day or two and if nothing, I'll try again.

Nah, I can verify the payment in paypal, but no email like I normally get for other purchases.

All good.

Merc?

Yes a Merc. Upgraded about 3 years ago to a C250 CDI. Would like to get the new C63 one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this