My Bf Xr6 Na Engine With Turbo

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d
I know you wouldn't hand it back un reliable mate, I trust ya. I don't trust the zf. I know it survived 40 dyno runs lol but there's always a chance it won't hold.

I've had to take it back to the tuner numerous times now, it stalls when the aircon is on as I'm slowing down. The revs take a nose dive and it cuts out, not all the time but sometimes. Cruise control hasn't worked since the tune and it holds its revs on a cold days on cold start until it warms up. Got new genuine throttle body cos I got told that was the problem, removed the underdrive pulley and put on a race standard size pulley and it still carrys on. Had the aircon system checked by a mechanic and everything seems fine. I feel very upset with the car somedays that I don't even want to drive it.

We are having our first child together in July and I can't keep throwing money at it because of "software" issues.

Sorry for the whinge! Lol

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

All of those things you mention can be fixed in the tune. Those things occurring is just a sign of an incomplete tune.

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

seems like the tuner isn't competent, from what you're saying.

it's basically night and day between a competent tuner for these cars and somebody who wants to earn a quick buck.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

as I see it, there's only two possible scenario's for you:

1. mechanical issues are getting worse by degrading parts and your money isn't going far enough with "decent reputation" tuner for them to actually resolve your mechanical issues as the supporting tune is assumed to be good.

2. tuner isn't actually competent and the mechanical side of things is 100% fine and the issues can be fixed in the tune.

it's my opinion that scenario #2 is more likely, but anything is possible :idunno:

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

or Melbourne has a bunch of quality tuners

same with Sydney :) plenty of choices for you as you're roughly in the centre of everything haha.

shouldn't need to trailer it if you're staying off boost and the car runs OK on cruising RPM.

• Member For: 8y 5m 20d

It's been to Adelaide since it's tune for a Holiday and besides drink lots of fuel it was fine. More worried it'll die on the dyno haha. Like I said I trust Jet, I just know it'll be my luck and it'll sh*t itself.

This is what it does on cold start