Au/ba/bf Ute Rear Wheel Offset

twr7cx

• Member For: 17y 11m 27d

I'm asking this here because there is a large group of people who have been playing around with different wheels on their BA/BF utes and the AU trays are almost identical.

I have been reading some of the old threads around about wheel offset and a few of them hint towards utes being able to have a lot less positive offset for their rear wheels.

I have an AU Pusuit 250 ute which is fitted with Brembo 6 piston front brakes (BA/BF FPV style) and the PBR single piston rear brake setup (Territory rear).

I am currently eyeing off the Rota Grid wheels and am looking to fit:

Front - Rota Grid 18 x 8.5 +30 - should clear the Brembo's as I've seen a few members on here with this size.

Rear - Rota Grid R 17 x 9 +25 or 17 x 9.5 +12 - now I know that 9" wide +25 is the safe fit, but 9.5" wide with +12 would look a lot tougher! Will these fit? Will they stick out too far? Being a P250 they have a factory mini tubbing job on the steel frame for the tray. I have raised my vehicle up and it is now sitting above standard XR height.

By the way, I am aware that Grid < http://www.rotawheels.com.au/wheels/rota-grid#!prettyPhoto> and Grid R < http://www.rotawheels.com.au/wheels/rota-grid-r#!prettyPhoto > are two separate wheels, but they are very similar looking and I think with the staggered look the subtle difference will be fine and results in the wheel sizes that I want - I need 18" to clear the Brembo and would like 17" for the rear for ride comfort, load carrying and towing with the ute.