Fg Mk1 Vs Mk2

Zach.s

• Member For: 8y 4m

Hey guys I'm looking at buying a fg ute soon and I'm just wounding if there is much difference between the mk1 and mk2 I know in the Commodores the series 2 ve has more power then the series 1. I'm not just worried about power I'm just keen to see what is different.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

I'll help you cause the experts don't like wasting time on threads that have been done before

Other than cosmetic (headlights and front bar)...the cat is also better. You just need to remove the restrictor ring and I think its good for 330-350rwkw. But turbo is maxxed at 330 on 98...but if you're going e85 then you might not need to touch exhaust at all.

I'm pretty sure everything else is same....but if budget can stretch then I'd go mkii just cause its newer lol oh and it has sync audio system which allows bluetooth music streaming (which I wish my FG had) and I think reverse sensors came standard on mkii

Wait til others confirm, but pretty sure theres minimal mechanical differences.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

FG2 doesn't have Sync, that's FGX. FG2 ICC screen is much more user friendly and, as Peter said, bluetooth music streaming...although, personally, I'd be fitting an aftermarket headunit if you want to improve stereo sound and features. Aircon seemed much better in my MK2 than my MK1.

• 2 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 6d

Traction control /  dsc etc had a new module and was much improved in the mk2. This and the screen interface are the main differences.

• 10 months later...