Territory Rear Brake Upgrade - What Do I Need?

FormulaFG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 9m 11d

So on an FG sedan to upgrade to the 328mm Territory rear what do I need to get and off what model of Territory?

PBR big single caliper

Caliper bracket

New rotors (these are vented rather than FG solids yeah?)

New hoses (I currently have braided lines on my stock callipers - can I resuse?)

Will all the stuff swap straight over, rotors being the main concern.

Also does anyone know if the above setup will still fit under a FG space saver spare tyre?

Thanks.

• Member For: 10y 11m 7d

If it's similar to the ute, any Territory rear as they all have the same. And yes its vented rather than solid. The disc / caliper etc all bolt up as standard. The vrake line may need changing, I gently bent mine out of the way. No idea about the spare on a sedan, but I doubt it would be an ussue

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

also need to trim backing plate to suit larger caliper. think I saw red ones on ebay a while back that end up being cheaper route I.e. I bought 2nd hand terrys then got them rebuilt and was only like $30 cheaper than going brand new. But at least mine are black instead of red lol

also prepared for expensive rotors...rears end up being more expensive than fronts....oh and adds a little more weight too.

If I had my time again, I'd probs only do it if going brembos up front eventually...can't say I've noticed a massive difference on my car from caliper swap only. I mainly did it for looks :P

• Donating Members

also need to trim backing plate to suit larger caliper. think I saw red ones on ebay a while back that end up being cheaper route I.e. I bought 2nd hand terrys then got them rebuilt and was only like $30 cheaper than going brand new. But at least mine are black instead of red lol

also prepared for expensive rotors...rears end up being more expensive than fronts....oh and adds a little more weight too.

If I had my time again, I'd probs only do it if going brembos up front eventually...can't say I've noticed a massive difference on my car from caliper swap only. I mainly did it for looks :P

Can you expand on exactly what that is, if possible?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/201461736524?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These calipers + 328mm rotors + braided lines + pads should be all I'd need to buy?

I agree with you, this isnt worth it without a Brembo upgrade up front which is also in the pipe line. Anyone care to fit a space saver on to tell me if they clear?

Edited by FormulaFG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

There is a backing plate behind the rotor....there is a cut out where the caliper pokes through it. This needs to be widened....

I didnt do it myself cause im sh*t...I assume the brake place used a grinder and chopped 15mm or so on each end; so that the larger caliper clears.

And yeh that's the seller....good to see black is now available lol mine were like $75 for 2nd hand calipers then $130 or something for rebuild....but that above would be better; cause new

And cant help with space saver question....cause dont have one

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Cheers for the response.

Had an interesting thought regarding the backing plate. Being a perfectionist and an all round picky bugger I don't really want a hack job done on it, even if I can't see it. Could I get the backing plate from a wrecker for an F6 or FGX XR8? They both came with the larger caliper so should already be widened to suit?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Big job to replace the backing plate.

Rear up right needs to come off, hub needs to be pressed out of the bearing and handbrake assembly needs to come off before you can remove the backing plate.