Free Cert Iii In Telecoms

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m

Guys,

I understand that Queensland residents might be eligible for free technical training to obtain a Cert III in Telecoms. Phone Milcom for the details relating to who's eligible: 1300 369 320.

PAH

Edited by PAH

• Donating Members

Princess. Try 1300 369 320.

I just picked this up on the ISGM web site. isgm.com.au/working-at-isgm: "6-11-2015 ISGM has recently secured a major Telecommunications contract and is now calling for expressions of interest in the Telco field."

PAH

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 28d

It's the same in nsw, it's not free though. I've got my cert IV and diploma in telco engineering, then did all my quake for a master cabling license. Problem is when people did it through milcom they became out of date, which means people need to re do the training. When you do your endorsements ( optical, structured, out and pipe, aerial and coaxial ) it's basically 2 modules of cert 3.

I'm guessing that's the same as what they're trying to advertise up your way

• Member For: 14y 9m 28d

The rto gets about $23k per student for cert 3 telecoms from the government. Make dam sure your getting a great course with first rate content because the rto's are raping the cash in on this one. It basically costs them only about $2.5k per student to run the course.....

• Donating Members

I dare say that the most important things to check are that the qual from whatever RTO is a qual that is valued by prospective employers. A comprehensive course that has no relevance to employers is not likely to be of much use.

I've seen the NBN Co Contractors rodding and roping the pipes in my estate in preparation for FTTN. The NBN rollout appears to be providing employment opportunities via their Contract Co's. Who are the NBN Contract Co's? ISGM may be one of them. If I was a young bloke looking for a job in telecoms, these job opportunities might be a way into the industry:

http://www.isgm.com.au/working-at-isgm/subcontractors/installation-and-maintenance/

http://www.isgm.com.au/nbn-multi-dwelling-unit/

PAH