New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Member For: 12y 1m 20d

So we're finally getting close to securing some land. 1500sqm, rectangular and pretty much flat. In a new estate with fiber NBN also (the important things).

Had a meeting with the council today to make sure my 14x8m shed wouldn't pose any issues. Just have to speak with the developer again and then will lock it in Eddie!

Looking forward to building soon, will make sure I check out all the stuff in this thread to get some ideas. Realistically though, as long as the shed has a hoist, I don't care!

• Like 4

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Go stripey that's awesome news mate! Where abouts you buying?

14x8m shed hey demon... I might need to revise my shed size lol..

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

hey @.Stripes. can you jog my memory as to how the pergola thingo came about not having approval and what not ? how was it brought to someones attention now that the house is to be sold/bought by you? I missed the part how it originally became an issue.

tah

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
Go stripey that's awesome news mate! Where abouts you buying?

Cheers mate! Suburb called Queens Park. It's within 12km of the CBD, drunken stumble from a train station, 15mins to the airport, across the road from a nice little park with a lake, 5 mins to a huge shopping centre. Pretty handy location.

hey @.Stripes. can you jog my memory as to how the pergola thingo came about not having approval and what not ? how was it brought to someones attention now that the house is to be sold/bought by you? I missed the part how it originally became an issue.

tah

When we were first discussing the idea of me buying the place I asked if they'd built the patio or not and he said they had. Wasn't until later I thought to ask if he'd got it all council approved and if he had all the paperwork, at which point he told me it hadn't been done.

Glad I got it stipulated in the contract the way I did, he's currently having to add more brackets to bolt it properly into the roof truss' and garage and also adding some extra strut braces in order for the engineer to sign off on it. So seems like standing my ground on it has paid dividends already!

I'll just go hide in the corner with my 11m x 3m shed...

Least you have a shed...I'll be lucky if I could fit a little garden shed at my place. Will want to though.
  • Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 4d

ah I see. so if you never looked twice at it would the house still get sold despite the pergola not originally being council approved? or would it have been picked up some other time during the sale process?