New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 6d

So got off to a flying start with the retic yesterday. Gutted the garden beds and got a 50mm sleeve under the driveway and under the path. So glad I paid a dude to come do that, what a carnt of a job! Took him a while and was a bit of a bumpy ride - took us a while and a rather deep trench to find it on the other side as it'd dropped on the way over...oh and then he put a shovel through my mains water line, so had to get a plumber mate of his to swing past on his way home to repair that. To be fair though, he was  good bloke and did the righty so I flung him a little extra cash and a beer for his time and effort. Plumber's here now to do the cut-in for the retic valve...and, as is always the way with the farking house, it's not simple :rant2:

So, after many trials and tribulations...I finally have working retic!

Firstly, clearing the garden beds was super lame! The previous owners had just let it go nuts and dumped layers and layers of mulch on top of each other. Then the dude running the sleeve under my driveway had a carnt of a time, and managed to hit my water mains in the process. Also, in hindsight, I should have run a larger diameter sleeve...so we had a bit of a time running two lines through it, but managed to. The plumber also had a bit of a bad time, and ended up helping is run the line through the sleeve (as there wasn't going to be enough room to put the solenoids on the other side of the drive and then run two lines and the wiring through it).

Then to top it all off, the guy from the retic shop I originally went to buy all the gear from had a shocker hey, just absolutely farking cooked it! Gave me 20mm pvc, but all 25mm joiners, gave me the wrong risers, didn't give me the wiring connectors, didn't give me the solenoid boxes...Oh and managed to charge me for two cut-in valves instead of one. So yeah...all in all, what a head fark!

All in now and working now though, I just need to change one of the sprinkler heads to a less powerful one as it's hitting my bedroom window (the one that's had the moisture issues) and I can't adjust it any lower...then just bury some black poly in the garden beds and retic is done...then onto sorting out the garden beds!

Success in the end, though!

• Like 1

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 25d

that's rad nice work. where do I find motivation to work on my place?

On 31/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, MBAF said:

use the digger to bulldoze fence from neighbors yard. im sure they wont mind

funny you say this, since I last posted the house behind mums got demolished, so guess whos using there land for concrete truck access? hahahah winning

• Like 1

Cheers. Should hopefully have some photos of the finished front garden beds by the end of this weekend. I did 1 last weekend, but was waiting on the bitumen membrane to dry on the other. So will have that sorted this weekend and hopefully get some pavers and stones in and the front will mostly be finished. Plan is to paint the exterior and put in some new lighting, but not this weekend haha.

Managed to finish off and tidy things out the front on the weekend.

Here's what it was like when I moved in:

GHrWiTZ.jpg

I started from scratch with the garden beds, deleted a garden bed by the entrance and put the stepping stone pavers in to open that up a bit more. Will be nice once the plants grow a bit and my flowering ash tree grows a heap bigger.

hXJ7wif.jpg

tyQ2o23.jpg

t0p7xDQ.jpg

Nn2k8qV.jpg

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 3

Cheers Freaky. It's getting there slowly.

Got a shed going in on Monday, so I'm looking forward to being able to tidy all my sh*t up and clean out the garage. Also then means I can put some lattice screening up and sort out the rear garden beds once the shed is in...so it's all starting to come together now. Then hopefully I can take a bit of a break from doing too much for a little while and just enjoy it all...and hope all the new plants don't die over summer haha.

• Like 1