New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 7d

Hello all! Just spent 30 mins reading all the progress everyone is having, has certainly been slot going on

My end I have almost finished my backyard

Have put the synthetic grass down, over the moon with how good it is
So happy that all I have to do is give it a broom every once in a while

Only thing I have to finish now is a few plants in my garden beds and pots on the deck

Before and after pictures :-)bd9f893b1a39dd87b23a28faa6bf2555.jpg4dd0a38b93dc99e6203bb78a81ea0a17.jpg

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Like 6

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Nice Wilko.

Locked in $300k of my mortgage for 2yrs at 3.94% today. Gives us room to smash the remaining variable portion (once I take a break from spending money on the house for a bit) over the next couple of years with the 100% offset accounts, but still have a fair chunk of security in case interest rates do funny things.

• Like 3

Yeah, just makes me feel a bit more comfortable...more like renting, where I know how much I need to pay each month.

I hadn't even made my first mortgage repayment and got a letter saying my variable rate had gone up. I figure they're at record lows atm and I didn't wanna take the risk, given rates have started to go back up again for the first time in a while.

My fixed portion is actually a lower interest rate than my variable, winning!

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d
19 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

where I know how much I need to pay each month.

Whenever the interest rates change my payment stays the same but a different amount of interest is added each month.

So I think I've decided on blinds and who I'm getting to do them. Local business- was the owner of the business who came out to measure and quote and emailing me since. Excellent customer service, really knowledgeable and seems to actually give a sh*t. He's also happy to do the blinds in stages without any extra cost, so I can get the blinds fitted in stages as I paint the house.

Thinking I'll go with blockout roller blinds throughout the house in this fabric.

9bad008e9be321f6fbd23a5fdb8f8177.jpg

And then we'll go with Luxaflex duette honeycomb blinds in the master bedroom, as they'll be the best option to minimise potential light bleed with the setup we've got. Also really good for energy efficiency and temp control.

Edited by .Stripes.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 3d

should be good.

im up to my neck in bills and job pay is sh*t still so renovations have stopped. I was hoping to do the kitchen over this xmas. 

ive done the backyard over last xmas and havent been able to afford plants yet ahahah

fml