New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Those colours are the same that I have in my house.  In fact the blinds look exactly the same. Good choice. 

In the bedrooms just put sweep fans with lights in them.  In the lounge and living/family put sweep fans and led down lights. 

When you change the globes to led sometimes you need to change the transformers   Especially if they are the new electronic type non dimmable 

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

You're all just copying my colour scheme hahaha

Stripes, we are putting some luxoflex blinds in the master that are like an indoor roller shutter. I can't find them online for the life of me, can't remember the name.

I'm going to a house today with them in it so I'll take a pic.
Perhaps those in a similar or same fabric would work.

Yes down lights in bedroom with a ceiling fan also.

We're doing downlights and pendants over the bedsides

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Bahahaha I'm going massively bold on our new place so it's going to be a fair bit different to be fair,,,,, light grey is so 5 minutes ago bahahah hahahahahahaha

I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d
59 minutes ago, arronm said:

Those colours are the same that I have in my house.  In fact the blinds look exactly the same. Good choice. 

In the bedrooms just put sweep fans with lights in them.  In the lounge and living/family put sweep fans and led down lights. 

When you change the globes to led sometimes you need to change the transformers   Especially if they are the new electronic type non dimmable 

Ohhh, interesting. Any chance of you posting up (or texting me) some photos of your place so I can see how the colour scheme works throughout a house? I'm trying to decide whether the darker coloured blinds will reduce the feeling of space, rather than adding to it.

Yeah, all the transformers will need changing I'd imagine. I've got 22 halogen downlights to change out to LED's...that like $1,500 just in itself. Beats my house burning down though (they don't have the heat shields in the ceiling to stop them from setting the insulation on fire), plus the power savings...and the halogens heat the room up something cruel!

11 minutes ago, Frederick said:

You're all just copying my colour scheme hahaha

Stripes, we are putting some luxoflex blinds in the master that are like an indoor roller shutter. I can't find them online for the life of me, can't remember the name.

I'm going to a house today with them in it so I'll take a pic.
Perhaps those in a similar or same fabric would work.

Yes down lights in bedroom with a ceiling fan also.

We're doing downlights and pendants over the bedsides

Oh, yeah be interested to see pics of the blinds you mean. I've actually got a dude coming out to measure and quote who does luxaflex next Monday, so be interested to see his suggestions...although I'm not sure I'll wanna go luxaflex through the entire house $$$$ But I do want to get the coverings right in the bedroom, as it's not a simple window setup to achieve a decent level of blockout with. I actually kinda like the look of the luxaflex modern roman blinds, they look pretty swish!

Again, given your disposition to all things design/fashion etc, would the darker coloured blinds make the rooms feel smaller as opposed to more open and spacious?

Still not sure about downlights and ceiling fan in the bedroom...the fans do look a little clunky (plus will blow the blinds around) and, again, detract from the feeling of openness and space. And I've read a lot and been told a lot that downlight can be a bit too intense in bedrooms. Great for living areas, but not so great in bedrooms?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
11 minutes ago, .Stripes. said:

And I've read a lot and been told a lot that downlight can be a bit too intense in bedrooms.

RGB LED's ;)

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Dark blinds do shrink the room.  I had light grey mini venetions for 18 years.   The charcoal blinds add a good contrast.  

To save cash with the down lights you can parallel them up .  Say 6 x 7w per 50w transformer. 

I couldnt be stuffed going into the ceiling space so put in a few of these 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/philips-15w-led-downlight-transformer_p4390546