New Build - Home Renovations - Gardens - Garages & Sheds.

Pixy Angel

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

I would shame them on social media but will wait till a speak with lawyer.

This is the final straw. Been trying to keep the peace with everyone mostly the wife but dont care anymore.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Hey Pixy I have to ask ..... we're going through the process of picking a builder for the big project ahead and in no way in hell will we be picking someone who doesn't have amazing reputation and results with latest refferals of this. Yes I'm in the building industry but even blind freddy can spot a well built display home vs an average one and this is only the start of the screening process, so who did you use to build the home of your dreams and why as everything I've seen go into your build has been very questionable... where did this all come unstuck ????

I mean why did you pay this company vs the others ???

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 28d

Builders are the same as tuners, why use one you dont know. Built a few homes. Our builder is a personnel friend. that's how you get a perfect job. 3 houses built and not one thing needed fixing following final inspection.

If you have met my wife you will know why. She melts steel with her gaze.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
9 hours ago, JETURBO said:

Hey Pixy I have to ask ..... we're going through the process of picking a builder for the big project ahead and in no way in hell will we be picking someone who doesn't have amazing reputation and results with latest refferals of this. Yes I'm in the building industry but even blind freddy can spot a well built display home vs an average one and this is only the start of the screening process, so who did you use to build the home of your dreams and why as everything I've seen go into your build has been very questionable... where did this all come unstuck ????

I mean why did you pay this company vs the others ???

Howdy Azz.

Before you picked this company we meet about 6 local builder and they seem pretty good and easy to talk to.

They had a show home 1 that we went through and the build quality look excellent but then again its their show home and you would want the best if people are going to pick you.

They said they custom build to any block. After about 2 weeks and talking to the wife we both seemed happy with them so we arranged another meeting and went with the.

It took awhile to get started but started no Monday 2nd NOV 2015.

I was onsite everyday and I start to notice stuff and when questioned they got the sh1ts or blamed it on the tradies. All the work was sub contracted out the owner did nothing even the so called supervisor. 

Trying to keep the peace with everyone and wanting a house for the family after living with the mother in-law for so long all we want was a house to call our own.

We had inspection done throughout the builder and some things picked up on and had to fix. Again they did not like this and was the first time a client got a inspection done through the building process. Good its my house and im allowed.

Now they can get farked because its my way. Looking forward to speaking to our lawyer today.

• Expert
  • Donating Members

New is its my fault because we have not concreted around the house and installed drainage. This was sent to me this morning via email.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 30d

Isn't that a builders job?

Part of the "build the house" bit of building a house?

Did you have bits on the contract that you'd be taking on yourself?

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 11d

The things that grab me from what you've said is
A- you were on site every day... why?

B- the owner (presumably the builder) did nothing and subcontracted out all the work.... that's how the building process is mate. A builder isn't the bloke who pulls out the hammer anymore. The builder is a broad term, in fact they should just call them project managers.
Their job is to manage trades, inspect quality and ensure things meet code and if they don't then they will occasionally get their hands dirty.

Neither of these things is at all an excuse for what they've done to you! And I hope they get reemed out the asshole!

I think a lot of people who aren't in the construction industry make the building process ten times more stressful on themselves by expecting ridiculous outcomes.
For example a quick online read of builder reviews tells you that 90% of them are complaints about things that aren't the builders fault like timeline being blown out by council or them changing the design mid build etc.
things like the rubbish you posted where trades left sh*t around etc, I wouldn't even bat an eye lid tbh. But I understand as a client you have an emotional attachment to this and the process.

My guess is the builder really didn't want or like you being around, this is somewhat normal because imagine a non educated (in that field) person looking over your shoulder questioning all you're doing. "Just let me do my job" type scenario.

However it also raises alarm bells, if you wanna watch or question then providing you've got the adequate safety requirements to be on site etc then you should be able to do it! And even if they don't like it they should have a good enough product they don't mind as there's nothing to hide.

My fear is that your hands on approach has made them almost become lazy and have 0 care factor as they're over it.
Which is completely wrong of a custom builder.
Fair enough if you're building a 100k sh*t box off the plan, but that's what a custom builder does, cater for the clients needs.

I hope you get full compensation pix and I hope you get to name and shame coz no one else should have to go through it either!

Best of luck matey! Such a shame, I really am sorry it's not worked out for you :(

21 hours ago, arronm said:
Builders are the same as tuners, why use one you dont know. Built a few homes. Our builder is a personnel friend. that's how you get a perfect job. 3 houses built and not one thing needed fixing following final inspection.

If you have met my wife you will know why. She melts steel with her gaze.

Uhhh coz a lot of people don't know a builder or one that will build what they want etc.

Not everyone's in the trade industry or knows people who are either.

In fact most people who build have 0 idea why they picked their builder other than a house they liked off the plan and price

I had some knob hockey custom builder I met with last week claim to be 15% cheaper than others. When I asked why they said they don't advertise, to which I pointed out a big join line and shaddow in their gyprock above our heads and asked if that was why.

They didn't like that lolololol

• Like 2