Fg Mkii Gt Tyres

jack93

• Member For: 11y 30d

Hey guys, looking around for some new rubber for the car, still running the stock 19" wheels, just after some advice.

Tossing up between Nitto 245/35/19 Invo's at $261 a corner, and Michelin Pilot Super Sports at $325. Only planning on changing the rears at the moment, still have Nexxen N6000's on all 4's at the moment and they're holding on good but the rears will start baiting the cops soon.

Daily use, track day once in a blue moon, looking for decent wear and naturally prefer closer to 250-300 a corner.

Open to ideas/input - Cheers in advance,

Jack.

Edited by jack93

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

I'm enjoying a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the rear right now. On special $250 for 245/40/18 a few months ago. Holding the power down quite well I have to say especially given a 320 treadwear rating.

• Member For: 11y 30d

eBay, some tyre shop in Sydney or something. +71 freight to Perth. I'll find the link again later on.

Edit - found link http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/NITTO-245-35R19-93Y-INVO-245-35-19-Inch-Tyre-2453519-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-TYRE-/251387319456

Edited by jack93
  • Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 6d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-x-New-245-35-19-NITTO-INVO-Tyres-ULTIMATE-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-2014-2453519-/231732150983?hash=item35f45002c7:g:-ggAAOSwgQ9V3n~8#shpCntId

$205/ea for 245/35/19 from St George Tyres

Should be somewhere in perth that can match that or at least go close

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 24d

^^^ those guys rape you on freight ($115 for 2 tyres) its annoying when I can get quotes for $15-20 each tyre....yet they wont let me use them cause its their 'policy'.

OP....I think Marco said he got his invos from Continental Tyre shop in Malaga for around the $260 each mark? The problem with those tyres is you wont get more than 10k kms on the rear.

I'm pretty happy with my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asmmetric 2's.....but they aren't the grippiest but I did get like 30,000kms+ on the rears last time (stock tune).

I want to try Conti Sport Contact 5's next

Good luck deciding :P

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Yeah I'm still using the front Invos (never rotated) I bought in late March for Racewars this year, I do about 30,000km a year and love flogging it around corners and braking hard. I run them at 40PSI. I still have tread on the outer shoulders. Inners are wearing a bit faster though, so I'm told. But it was said that's made worse thanks to my cornering behaviour.

Rears were replaced a couple months ago now as they were past the indicators. Powerskids FTW