Soundbar Magic ?

JETURBO

• Member For: 12y 2m 9d

Yeah I'm with stripes. I've got the playbar, sub and 2x play 1's for rears in the lounge and couldn't be happier. Even added a play 3 to the bedroom for some tunes.

I think they removed the need for a boost or bridge though in one of the latest firmwares. Something to keep in mind to save a bit of coin.

Only thing I dislike on the playbar is the lack of DTS support, although with my media center I just transcode it to DD5.1

The price is a stickler, bit its pretty impressive sounding gear for what it is. The sub absolutely makes it though. I was shocked how well it goes for the size. That and there's zero cabinet rattle with them cancelling each other out. U can even rest a glass of water on it!

Edited by demon1300

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Definitely going to go have a listen to one of these playbars you lot have got me all excited now

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d

I rate Sonos and have the playbar, sub, 2 x play 1's, 2 x play 3's and 2 x play 5's.

Dead simple to set up. Plug into power and turn on......... done. Sounds the goods too and the sub is awesome.

Edited by syco6

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 22d

Holly crap Rabs im lost just by looking at it. I think ill have a really long meeting with my spraky when the time comes.

Our local HIFI mob seals Sonos he also said its good stuff and try selling me one ages ago. Might be worth a sound test first Az

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 9d

Bought all my gear from JB hifi Bellbat. They moved a bit on the pricing but I found the best deal for the sub was at Myer.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Definitely going to go have a listen to one of these playbars you lot have got me all excited now

Pics of excitement? Wait...maybe not lol

Seriously though, go have a listen and get a demo man...you'll walk out with a bunch of Sonos gear for sure! As old mate said above though, the sub definitely makes it! To put it into perspective, it's got nothing on the REL S/5 that's in my theatre room...but for the price and what it does it's very f*cking impressive! You might be disappointed with the Playbar without the sub...but combine the two and you'll sh*t yaself!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

Ok done some more reading and blow my donkeys balls it gets a solid rap from people in the A/V game doesn't it

Think iam already sold and haven't even heard it yet

Gumtree and ebay have quite a few on them up for grabs

Is that a worry as it seems like the type of product that shouldn't have a number of them up for grabs 2nd hand

Hummm

Do they have a good warranty and are they reliable?

Ever had any issues with it ?