Soundbar Magic ?

JETURBO

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 26d

Ok peoples I need a slimline or small sound solution but with what I hope can be half ok sound quality

Now iam no audio wizz and I probably couldn't tell the difference between a 5k set up and a 20k set up but iam finely tuned enough to know when something is "tinny" bland or just crap....

I've listened to a BOSE satellite set up and it wasn't bad I mean I could live with it no worries,whereas some people would choke as the name BOSE and rightly so if your in the know

What I need is something like a soundbar with a sub or a satellite style pack for general music and the odd movie

It would get used approximately once a month type thing so I don't want to really spend ridiculous money on something I'll never appreciate

What have people got and what's it like ?

Clearly haven't asked about big component systems with big speakers for a reason so just want to know about these smaller out of the way type thingos

K go

• Member For: 14y 9m 7d

I got a Sony sound bar and sub from the sony shop at DFO from about $500 and it's awesome great surround sound and when we have parties its easy as to take it out onto the patio and steam music via Bluetooth. Its way loud enough

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

Following.

I listened to the BOSE soundbar and though it sound good. I listened to a BOSE lifestyle 535 system and though it sounded poor, I was hoping for bigger sound.

I talked to people who have a lifestyle system and they said its great sound awesome. I guess it was just the room and set up that put me off.

Ill be interested into hearing what others have and reviews.

EDIT - I have a BOSE soundlink and the sound from something so smal lis un-F*#King-believable. Highly recommended.

Edited by Pixy Angel

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

What telly are you running?

My Samsung TV integrates with my Samsung soundbar (with a wireless woofer) and it runs as if it was connected to the TV (TV volume on the remote changes the soundbar etc)

1,000 times better than the crap speaker that are on the TV (will never be as good as proper speakers), but crank up MTV or explosions and the bass makes you smile :)

See if there's something that integrates with the TV you have (only ever needing the 1 remote is farking awesome - even my foxtel is integrated into the system)

• Like 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Tell me more stripey , you got one ?

Piks or model of the sony one ?

Yep, I've got one. I used to work at a high end home theatre shop. I've never liked soundbars, always thought the sounded crap. However, I've got the Playbar and sub in my bedroom and, for what it is, it's fantastic. If you're primary need is music, as you mentioned, then Sonos makes sense. Download an app on your phone and you can control it from there. You connect it to your Wi-Fi and it links to your Google Play music, Pandora, Spotify, soundcloud accounts etc, can also stream music from your device.

The simplicity is what I've always loved about Sonos. Plus, you can add a couple of their smaller speakers for the rears of your theatre setup and it's all wireless. Best bit, though, is you can add as many other zones as you like and control them all through the app on your phone. You can group them all and have the same thing playing in every room of the house, or split them and play different stuff in each zone independently.

• Gold Donating Members

Hummm sounds ( pun ) good guys lol

So the intergration with the TV sounds like a winner to me

But what model sono's playbar do you have and what's the expected $$$ on one and where would you buy from ?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Oh yeah, you can plug a fibre optic cable from your tv into the Sonos Playbar and control the volume from your tv remote too Az.

There's only one model Playbar. They're not exactly cheap, I paid around $2k for the Playbar and the sub...but they're the best sounding wireless setup I've heard. And like I said, Sonos is king of home music streaming.

Oh and just coz I haven't said it yet, Bose can EAD.

• Gold Donating Members

Hahahaha gold

Well mate it sounds bloody good to me ( pun ) ;)

I must say I need to eyeball one of these and maybe get a bit of a first hand display if I can from one of our local places then

Thanks for the guidance peoples :)

• Like 1