Snowy Cruise 2015 (Fri 27 Nov - Sun 29 Nov)

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

Yep - saw a pic of Craig when I was reviewing the best cruise pics. He's definitely missed.

I think im going to rough it at the backpackers in jindy, or I may have some mates that still live there, jindys my old home town.. itll be nice to go back

You should check in with some of us who have spare beds in our rooms - Alpine Gables just about has 6 beds per room from memory (ones a double but the others are 2 double deckers). Am sure you should be able to bunk in with one of us :thumbsup: Just not with me - I snore like dozer :roflmbo:

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d

Am booked in now for the Friday and the Saturday (won't be able to do the extra day - work calls)

Only 5 rooms left at Tumut

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

Hotels booked. Tumut Motor Inn only 4 rooms left at the Tumut Motor Inn as of today! Thanks Rab :thumbsup:

Not to worry - there is other accomodation in Tumut nearby - just that dinner venue Oriental Hotel is right next door to Tumut Motor Inn :beerchug:

Still plenty of accomodation in Jindy Alpine Gables and Omeo Golden Age :thumbsup:

I'm still planning to do the 4 day cruise (additional day to do Vic Alpine roads) :drivingalong:

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 23d

One of the hotels (can't remember which) asked if we'd be having hot breakfast in the morning.

I said the Victorians would - the immigrants were getting a Kellog's Variety pack to share between themselves.

51bhT3TmD9L.jpg

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d

What's the general speed limit along Alpine Way between Thredbo and Khancoban?

Predominately 60 I think. On most roads you can take the recommended corner speeds and double them...but not this one.

Not sure what cruisemaster Gaz has recommended but I'd suggest at least taking the snowy mountains highway via Adamininininby (or something like that) and meeting us at the Cabramurra turn off. Bloody spectacular roads that are a fair bit more open than Alpine Way west of Thredbo and enough to give a jellyfish a hardon when done in convoy.

32 sleeps to go :w00t2:

• Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team

That's another way if you can get up early enough kokentoe - it's a fair drive from Thredbo all the way up to Cabramurra that way but doable. senna_T once drove all the way out from Sydney to meet us at Tumut by 9am - he left at 4am I think :omg: and still managed to do a jiggy dance at 11pm that nite (there's a vid of that somewhere on this forum) :roflmbo: Good one tabmeister :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 14d

I used to do that trip every second weekend

Wake up at 2am be at the slopes by 10, ski that saturday and sunday then drive home. good fun

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 1d

Predominately 60 I think. On most roads you can take the recommended corner speeds and double them...but not this one.

Not sure what cruisemaster Gaz has recommended but I'd suggest at least taking the snowy mountains highway via Adamininininby (or something like that) and meeting us at the Cabramurra turn off. Bloody spectacular roads that are a fair bit more open than Alpine Way west of Thredbo and enough to give a jellyfish a hardon when done in convoy.

32 sleeps to go :w00t2:

Just had a quick google and as tempting as it sounds, it's too much of a trek considering I'd be doing another loop after meeting you guys and driving back to Jindabyne. I'll more than likely stick to driving to Khancoban for this trip, but should I come along for the next one I'll consider doing the entire cruise route. It's going to be interesting how much fuel I end up using in the T as opposed to my old V6 ute which got me to Thredbo on a full tank if memory serves.