Boost Control Solenoid

PaulTF

• Member For: 8y 10m 21d

Hey all,

Quick question. Got an 04 ba running an 07 bf motor. I have 2 custom tunes, 8 and 11psi, through an SCT Flash box. With either tune it runs 8psi. Bog stock apart from this.

Testing the boost solenoid without power, it doesn't boost. I'm guessing this means that without voltage, the solenoid stays open and allows pressure to open the wastegate.

So, if the solenoid was faulty (not closing properly), would it then in turn bleed pressure and open the wastegate prematurely not allowing for full boost ie 11psi?

I've ruled out boost leaks, spark plugs etc.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

Pretty sure my Ford uses WD40 when I ask them to do the maintenance each service (yes I know its a simple job and I should really be doing it myself lol)

Would have to double check with them....but have done it for 50,000kms and no issue so far...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

Yeh dont think it is (when I approached another dealer they told me no one has ever asked them to do it before lol).

I had to print the tutorial off here (think it was for BA/BF) and then they did it...since tutorial says wd40 I assume they have been doing the same (will double check next time I call them).

Only reason they do it is cause they wont charge 30min blocks...and they do the earls turbo line clean to make up the 1hr block lol