Replace Headlight Bulb On Fg.

FGMKII

• Member For: 10y 3m 7d

This is doing my head in coz I cant see anything. How the hell do u change the globes on an FG? Just the normal headlight globe. Everything I find is for BA/BF. Seems a real rookie question but I just cant work it out lol. Taken out my airbox already, removed rubber seal, now what?

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11d

If you have small 'girly' hands, it can be done without removing stuff but if like me and have large hands ;) removing the battery/air filter box makes it easier on the FG

The low beam globes are the ones closest to the radiator and are covered by a dust jacket. Remove that and then you will see a spring clip holding the bulb in place.

Take note of how it fits so you put it back properly and unclip it.

There are 2 lugs on the globe holder. Grab those with your hand and turn anti clockwise to free the holder..... it may be tight so use your muscles.

With the globe holder free, remover the old globe and this is important now -- DO NOT touch the glass of the new globe with your fingers as the oil from your fingers will create a 'hot spot' on it and may shorten its life so use a cupla tissues to hold the globe and insert it into to holder.

Refit everything in reverse of what you just did and your done :)

Always a good idea to change both low beam globes at the same time.

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 3m 7d

Girly hands help yeah. I was looking for a spring clip but didnt find any. The globes seem to just twist out.... I was sold H4 globes for the FG but now I have one out, they sre cometely different. Here is what I took out. It is just a single filament, not a high low like H4.

post-76832-0-49327800-1442459804_thumb.j

Edited by FGMKII

• 3 years later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

it's H4 in the FG1 and FG2 it's H7

whatever car you have, it'll be the manual

if the headlight fixture/assembly has been changed from the factory, you'll be able to tell in the process of buying a new one. The process to be 100% sure which bulb it is, is to pull the one you're replacing out, take it to a shop, compare with the ones on the shelves with the one you removed and then buy whichever one it is.