Fg Xr6T Front Wheel Stud

PTR_NITRO_FG

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 25d

Tried searching but couldn't find exact answers...

Have an FG XR6T sedan...one of my front wheel studs have stripped or something, wheel guys said need to replace the stud.

1) Any good recommendation for getting replacement stud? (Ebay has one OEM listing and one aftermarket one)

2) OEM and aftermarket same/same? In terms of quality, etc?

3) Is the front wheel stud the same for all AU/BA/BF/FG??? This listing says all same, but thought I read there was differences between BA/BF and FG (unless that's only for rear studs?). http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330664556613?euid=fb54c6569ebc4673827ddbbc67d0e344&cp=1&exe=12809&ext=32584&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

Need to order today so hopefully arrives before Saturday....cheeeers!!!! :spoton:

• Donating Members

Jeeeez....no views???

So far I can conclude that Ford are jokers @ $75 each!!! Cheapest I found so far is $67 delivered....

Tried calling covs and they will get back to me if there's an aftermarket equivalent....also link above is probably BS....Ford guys confirmed that BA/BF have different part # to the FG so I doubt that ebay guy above is actually selling a wheel stud that suits my car.

If anyone has done a FG front wheel stud....please speak up and let us know how much you paid and where you sourced from!!!! Thanks

• Donating Members

Mods can delete since I'm the only one posting in here :P

If this doesn't get deleted....found that its cheaper just to buy a whole hub assembly with the studs in them.

$155 posted on ebay.....cheapest genuine part for FG front stud I found was Covs @ $58.19 trade price... such stupidity

Thanks for all the help guys :spoton:

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Hey mate....appreciate the reply. The ebay listing # you have given .... is for the link I have put in my first post!!!!

In my 2nd post I outlined that Ford DEFINITELY have a different part numbers for BF front stud and FG front stud....therefore that blokes listing is BS in that it will not suit all models from AU-FG (and has now got me scared to 100% believe these ebay sellers).

I have a funny feeling that this will be the same case for supercrap & rapeco (they will think the part # is same/same for all models) - I tried my local repco and they also said the only aftermarket option for FG will suit "steel wheels only" (which like many on here, my car came with alloys and still does :P)

Anyways....pretty sure it will all be sorted in the end by my awesome aftermarket warranty (best $1700 I've ever spent!)....been in contact with my local Fraud and he said although wheel studs are not covered under warranty....he will hook me up with a whole hub assembly and just say there is excessive play and all will be sorted ;) that was going to be my option anyways (smarter to pay $155 for complete hub than to pay $60 for one stud only).

• Donating Members

Oh man....Ralph deleted his comment (maybe cause didn't realise it was my thread and forgot about our no communication policy :P)

But to confirm with you Luke....I asked the parts lady whether a part # change means new part/different design and she said yes it normally means the part is different (was a lady and maybe she was new or just guessed? lol).

BUT....she did have one stud with her at the time of call....and it measured 60mm long. Listing above seems shorter?:

$(KGrHqJHJDkE63Zd!Y3VBO1I1tVTCw~~60_12.J

Anyways....not sure if any of this thread will be relevant for someone else down the road....but hopefully by then there's an aftermarket product (or they are smarter than me and are able to find one already).

#fin

• Donating Members

Thanks for the effort Phil....but thread title is FG (wrong part)

2eoULCk.jpg

Seems that the FG stud is at least 5mm shorter (and NFI on the knurl (ribs) section??)....

But my cars all good in that department for now....got Ford to replace whole front right hub assembly through aftermarket warranty :spoton:

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Thanks for the effort Phil....but thread title is FG (wrong part)

Seems that the FG stud is at least 5mm shorter (and NFI on the knurl (ribs) section??)....

But my cars all good in that department for now....got Ford to replace whole front right hub assembly through aftermarket warranty :spoton:

Interesting, I would have thought that Ford would keep using the same part for the FG as well.

Time to go find the FG part number and see what the first two characters are - that indicates what model Falcon the part was first used on.