Bf Ute Dirt Bike Tie Down Points

jacobsmith93

• Member For: 8y 7m 13d

Hi guys,

First post here, just brought a 07 BF XR6T.

Just wondering if anyone has put more tie down points in the tub or on top of the tub lining area? will carry 1 bike 60% of the time but the rest I will have two in the back.

Any Pics would be great.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

I made up some tie down points for the floor of my ute, will post pics when I get back home tomorrow arvo. Standard ones are handy cos adjustable but I wouldnt trust them with anything too heavy, you can see them pulling the tub liner rail away from the tub when you get really enthusiastic. No good with anything level with or lower than tub height either.

• Member For: 11y 9m 7d

Mine's an FG so has the side rails already.

But maybe consider something like these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anchor-Tracking-2pce-305mm-680kg-Breaking-Strain-Tie-Down-Track-Trailer-Ute-Bike-/360997969402?hash=item540d27ddfa

I also have two eye bolts in the floor for when I'm transporting 2 bikes. Conveniently there are two metal tabs underneath the tub with holes in them already. Just get under there and drill up through the plastic and then put some eye bolts in with a big washer and nyloc nuts. I think I used M10 size and cut a bit out of the plastic ribs to make them fit. .

gJjx7BV.jpg

Edited by jabtronic

Mine's an FG so has the side rails already.

But maybe consider something like these?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anchor-Tracking-2pce-305mm-680kg-Breaking-Strain-Tie-Down-Track-Trailer-Ute-Bike-/360997969402?hash=item540d27ddfa

I also have two eye bolts in the floor for when I'm transporting 2 bikes. Conveniently there are two metal tabs underneath the tub with holes in them already. Just get under there and drill up through the plastic and then put some eye bolts in with a big washer and nyloc nuts. I think I used M10 size and cut a bit out of the plastic ribs to make them fit. .

gJjx7BV.jpg

Thanks mate those eye bolt locations are what I was looking for, will get under the tub and look for those tabs, I dont know if I trust that anchor tracking system, trying to look for some local to see how strong they actually are!

Thanks a bunch guys!

I set up my ute to carry 2 road bikes, probably a little more elaborate than what you're after but it may get some ideas flowing

full write up here http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/90005-setting-up-ute-for-motorcycle-transport/

r0EAY7I.jpg?1

that's a awesome set up I Jet. Ute looks mint and the bikes look better! Surprised I have not seen your Ute around as I live at shellharbour! same color as mine, love the way yours looks!

• Member For: 11y 9m 7d

I had a customers XR6 on the hoist recently so took some photos. Drivers side hole is just before the muffler, passengers side hole is in front of fuel tank.

EDIT: Was an FG also. I'm not sure about BF

post-52142-0-89519600-1441013823_thumb.j

post-52142-0-46070400-1441013824_thumb.j

Edited by jabtronic

• Member For: 11y 2m 20d

that's a awesome set up I Jet. Ute looks mint and the bikes look better! Surprised I have not seen your Ute around as I live at shellharbour! same color as mine, love the way yours looks!

Cheers mate. I only drive it on the weekends usually. It has gt335 wheels now and I took all the stickers off the back window.