Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

I checked VCM Suite Australia to do an online purchase but no online stuff for the MPVI Proffessional from what I can see. Did you guys just ring them up. I think I have forgotten how to ring as I only do online purchases now.

Or do you buy it from the HpTuners US website for $649. Their online store seems pretty sorted.

So whats the go.

The aussie site only sell the pro version afaik.

I just rang them direct and spoke to Greg when I purchased mine.

Edited by JVK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 22d

I havent had any issues with flashing my or a mates car with hp, both our cars originally tuned with sct and both had changes to the zf calibration. Just get the changes made to the zf tune and flash it with sct. Then flash over the top with hp to change the engine stuff. Ive tried two different calibrations in the zf to ensure I could notice the difference if hp caused anything. It doesnt, the zf calubration is stored in the tcm. Ive pulled both the zf tunes ive had with basically all else in the engine the same, the diferences in the trans was just shift firmness, but ive been able t find differences in the torque managment tables that can be viewed with hp. What im yet to try is changing these tables in hp and see if they have the same result as what I asked for with the zf calibration

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 22d

And just quietly get on board the hp tuners train lads!! The more we get the more inclined we are to get the features that hp is currently lacking ie zf

• Like 1

• Member For: 16y 7m 20d

I checked VCM Suite Australia to do an online purchase but no online stuff for the MPVI Proffessional from what I can see. Did you guys just ring them up. I think I have forgotten how to ring as I only do online purchases now.

Or do you buy it from the HpTuners US website for $649. Their online store seems pretty sorted.

So whats the go.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Tuners-VCM-Suite-STANDARD-8-Ford-Credits-/200719841589?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ebbd5b935#ht_2354wt_906

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INNOVATE-LM-2-Single-Channel-Wideband-FULL-KIT-3806-/290475553839?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a1b1342f#ht_5376wt_1186

Good if you wont need the inputs of the MPVI Pro. Buy yourself an Innovate LM-2 Wideband and a second hand X-Cal 2, and your in business :) All for just over a grand!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

I think it keeps up with the speed of the bus better. I have been told the xcal2 is too slow and will crash after a period of logging. I have also experienced this myself.

But I thought you could log more info with the xcal2.