Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Would like to check my ZF trans settings to make sure they are stock if I could have a standard tune for a 2007 BF2 with ZF.

Should the engine be tuned in open or closed loop? I have read some conflicting opinions regarding safety parameters.

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 27d

I thought they only allowed tuners who had done the ZF course access to the ZF tuning tables? That was a while ago that I heard that so things have changed since then?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 7d

I don't think you tune in either closed or open loop. It's just that usually closed loop is disabled so the long term mixture is not adjusted between dyno runs.

Maybe that what tuning in open loop is referring to.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 11d

I thought they only allowed tuners who had done the ZF course access to the ZF tuning tables? That was a while ago that I heard that so things have changed since then?

That I beleive is only for the sct gear, so HPT stuff you can go nuts on the zf tuning to whatever extent it allows.

Also on the front of buying gear and using it as a group on multiple vehicles im pretty sure there is the 2 credits per VIN or you can do a larger amount of credits that gives you unlimited VINs for that class of vehicle.

Class of vehicle being BA/F excluding FG. That type of thing.

EDIT: Just looked up the site, they have changed the class system slightly from last time I read, now its 30 credits for a model/year to be unlocked or 2 credits per VIN.

Info here, http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php

Edited by Wenier

• Thooperrrrrrr
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 27d

That I beleive is only for the sct gear, so HPT stuff you can go nuts on the zf tuning to whatever extent it allows.

Ahhhh of course, cheers for clearing that up!

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

Regarding sharing HP Tuners. Does that mean I can buy the solfware, load it on several computers and and use the credits tuning different cars or is the solfware locked/licenced onto one computer and you need to use that one computer to tune different cars???

• Like 1

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 22d

As far as I was made aware by VCM/Autotechnique directly on inquiry about using HPT to tune my car with was that a previously SCT tuned ECU can't be over written, you need to get the ECU reflashed back to factory stock (not with your Xcal stock tune) before you can tune with HPT. This was a query from my mate (a workshop) who uses HPT to tune Holdens with.

Edited by Foon