Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 10m 16d

I don't use livelink, but if you have set your base table to 0.85 then it's mega lean.. Drop your Low slope to like 110 and put your base fuel table back to standard but change the values in the bottom right to 0.8-0.82 or so

I put the entire base table to 0.85 to just confirm the commanded AFR is going to match and just drove it with very light throttle. I'm not actually going to leave it like that I just want to get the AFR to match.

What I want to know is why am I reading 16:1 with a commanded lambda of 0.85 with O2 feedback disabled. If the injector data is correct what else needs touching for it to match?

I see so the SD maps do need to be tweaked, I thought unless you made substantial modifications they were ok but it appears I misread.

I'd rather alter the SD maps then just tweak injector slopes.

• Member For: 21y 25d

Lower the slopes to make it richer

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?50588-ID-1000-injector-data-rough-idle-when-cold

These are the values used by a "pro" tuner on an FG. I don't like his injector offsets and the car used to run rough at startup indicating to me that the high slope may be a bit lean IMO. (BTW have not used ID1000) but we will get yours running fine.

Nevertheless lower the slopes by 5 to 10 lb and leave the rest the same. Its all about the slopes now. Forget SD. Go for a drive. If at cruise lean compared to desired lambda then lower the hi slope.

If at idle lean then lower the lo slope. Just chuck them both at 110 and see where you are.

Edited by turbotrana
  • Like 1

Ok I'm sure it will be easy to get mixtures correct just by changing them. Don't think I'll have time to play again for at least 2 weeks though.

Jetturbo do you time via slopes these days?

Cheers