Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

I love it! I've got a custom os/hardware in the stock pcm on my fully hectic vn 5.0 and it's awesome (for what it is)!

For the falcon this means you will be able to floor it and not have to modulate the throttle as the boost comes in.

We can now more than likely tune this so the traction control actually works. 

It'll save tyres, the power train and also save fuel to some extent. It'll keep iat's down and run everything just a little bit cooler.

I can't wait to get into it :drool:

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d
Recently Pcmtec did an eofy sale for their workshop version...honouring the offer... with enough credits to tune one car pcm/tcm for only $660.
Do you have a link to the sale as their workshop version is $3300!? Their Professional version is $660.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

@rollex is here according to the lurkometer at the bottom of the page. Get in touch with him or @DarrylC and they'll be able to sort you out.

Edit: https://www.pcmtec.com/pcmtec-editor-workshop-end-of-financial-year-offer

Edited by Puffwagon
The link might work
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
Haha yeh he stitched me up, I mean fixed me up....bought the software so I guess I'll use it one of these days! I was thinking of selling the F6X as I simply rarely leave the house anymore but guess I'll have to keep the fcker now so I can melt some pistons...
The price is to cheap not to buy it so gtf on it!!!
  • Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
4 minutes ago, bjc said:

The price is to cheap not to buy it so gtf on it!!!

Exactly. If anyone is doing their own tuning then they'd be mad not to grab it.

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 1m 19d

Would loved to have jumped on it if I didn't buy the Haltech. I did get my mate who owns a workshop to jump on the deal though

It's definitely a step above HP Tuners, which majorly sucked because at the end of the day the devs in the US didn't give a toss.. that and the market for them would be soooo tiny. Why would they bother to invest like a local company would!

Good work guys keep it up. If I ever get nabbed by the boys in blue and have to go back to stock pcm, it'll def be tuned by pcmtec!

• Donating Members

I've seen a video on YouTube with the makers (or testers) of Haltech talking a little about it at the drags. Fullboost or Streetmachine??? It's a total swap over system yes? I can imagine that cost unless you want to tell us poor people!? lol

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

The workshops are the ones that will really see the most out of our software as we keep bringing out new features. So if you ever decide to go back to "stock" hit us up and we can give you a list of workshops that can do the custom operating systems. We are doing a big update on our website to list them all off in the next week or so. Currently we have about 35 workshops across Australia and NZ you can use. Even the big names like Nizpro etc have jumped on board.

The unofficial (may change in the future) pricing for the custom operating system (will include flex when it is finished) along with boost by gear and other items is 5 credits, so $250 to license it. We feel this is pretty good value compared to full aftermarket which I doubt you will see change from $2.5k before you even pay a tuner. Though obviously if you have a full race car there are some definite upsides to going full aftermarket, it is just whether you would use these features on a street car.

We won't stop improving the software until people genuinely tell us it is the best package on the market. Our mission statement is to support less cars but support them extremely well, this is opposed to the opposite where some companies aim to support a large number of vehicles but with massively varying levels of support.

Not sure if you guys have ever seen what ecutek have done with the Nissan GTR, but they have really gone to town on the stock PCM, you can do things like increase/decrease boost using the volume switches on the steering wheel etc. Our goal is to deliver something as high end as this. The stock PCM hardware and software has huge capabilities, it just needs the R&D from us to get it to a level where it is comparable/better than aftermarket.

Edited by rollex
  • Like 2