Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Whats up ohmos?

Recently Pcmtec did an eofy sale for their workshop version. They made a mistake with the dates and gave it an extra month. I emailed them and they are honouring the offer still. 

I picked up a copy for myself with enough credits to tune one car pcm/tcm for only $660. It's usually over 4 times that price. If anyone was thinking about picking up some diy tuning gear now would be the time to do it.

My car is still in bits but I've been looking over the full version of the software for a week or so and it's exactly what everything else should have been. Once the logging and a few other bits and pieces are sorted nothing else will touch it for flash tuning.

Also something something steak knives flavorwave vacuum cleaner roomba :nudie:

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Unpaid shill. ;)

FTFY

But seriously I wouldn't have bought it along with another $315 for a tactric openport if I didn't think it was worth it. And there is only like 5 or 6 days to grab it at the cheaper price.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

love your work, puffster. :spoton: at least you're not pushing it as hard as the halide technology shills #bestproductintheworld

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

Haha I bought it despite owning a hp tuners mpvi pro and my car wont even be running for a couple of months.

I had to carry my gearbox out from the shed, borrow a battery from another car and hook up the wiring loom again so I could get a read. Gearbox=Heavy. Fun times.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

Good work - it is a nice bit of kit.

Even just being able to see the crap tune in the BA and sort it and then confirm the good tune in the FG was heaps useful for me and cost effective.

The stock file database is pretty sweet too.

I'll probably be a bit quiet on the tuning front for a bit because I'm back to square one on the hardware front - need to install wideband, boost gauge, trans cooler, intercooler, brakes, etc. Plus a tuned FG feels pretty quick right now, so need to adjust to that before looking for a bit more!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I'll bet that fg feels like a step up from the ba!

When I saw that I could grab the workshop version so cheap I jumped on it. They might do you a cash adjustment upgrade if you were so inclined if you haven't already? 

I'm looking forward to checking out the new custom stuff they have going on. I received an email just this minute with it attached.

I won't be doing much tuning for a while either. I will prepare a new tune with some of the custom features though, just to get a head start on things. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members

I've only had the briefest look as I'm watching tv but check this out. These were my boost settings from hp tuners except now they have been changed from temperature vs rpm to gear vs rpm. If I'm not mistaken this can be modified to road speed vs rpm or anything vs anything else. I'm excited to see what I can do with my car when it's back on the road!

This isn't even getting into the flex fuel options that will be available.

j64JwHG.jpg

0DBqkiW.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Technically we can change the axis of any table to basically anything else. The ultimate plan is to have all of this selectable via the UI. 

Flex fuel which we are deciding how it will be done will involve the addition of several tables as well. 

Exciting times! 

• Like 3