Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

Currently our income is approaching our target. I hope by the end of the year it will be there. We are already ahead of the bell curve as most businesses don't make a profit for the first 3 years. We've only been live since November. 

Roughly 90 cars tuned with PCMTEC so far and growing. 

As Darryl said training and scoping work for third parties often takes longer than just doing it yourself. To get the quality of staff we need would be too expensive at this stage so we will continue to grind it out for a while. 

As Darryl said the next project in the works is the datalogger, Darryl will has already mapped pretty much everything ready to go for it, we just need to develop the ui which is by far the main job. 

Hoping to release it in stages. Basic csv logger, 2d graph logger, full blown logger with histograms and gauges. 

• Like 2

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d

I'm simultaneously reading and learning, while prepping the car for tuning (sorting a few issues, major service items, brakes, trans cooler, etc).

Was planning to go the HP route but this is seriously tempting me.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Yup,
I've got to sit down and go through your software and see if I even CAN flash tune (have experience with aftermarket that went well but this is completely different)

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Matty, flash tuning isn't that hard. 

You just need to be a bit more organised with it. It helps to know how much effect the changes you make affect the tune, but that comes with time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 2m 15d
On 3/8/2018 at 11:04 AM, DarrylC said:

For those interested PCMTec is working on Custom Tunes see: https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/topic/25-custom-tunesgear-based-boost-control-for-baba-and-early-fg/

This is a very different level of tuning and goes beyond the OEM Calibrator level we currently support. Soon you will be able to do things like:

1. Gear Based Boost Control for the BA/BF/FG
  2. Change table axis like using VSS or Gear instead of Intake temperature for the Boost and Wastegate tables
  3. Change decision points for thinks like Open Loop Fuel (make it MAP dependent).
  4. Increase table resolutions
  5. Add custom axis

We think this will change the Ford Falcon tuning landscape forever:dancing:

Cautious optimism:bliss:

Apart from a logging issue with HP Tuners (it cant log custom OSes and SCT corrupted OSIDs) it looks like the boost by gear test we have done is working. For the earlier FGs we have an improved solution for the gear based boost control.

I will extend the scope to have a look at torque management by gear as well. 

Rolls and I will now be working in integrating this into the PCMTec Editor and we will provide updates on the forum link as it progresses.

• Like 4

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 11m 6d
I'm simultaneously reading and learning, while prepping the car for tuning (sorting a few issues, major service items, brakes, trans cooler, etc).

Was planning to go the HP route but this is seriously tempting me.
Well, I've bought a J2534 cable and told the wife to hit me up with the software for my birthday in a few weeks!
  • Like 1