Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 9m 21d
43 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Already emailed you guys but looks fantastic, Cant wait to find a windows laptop to run this

Dual booting windows on a mac should also work. Just had issues with various drivers working through VMs so we decided to disable it as we don't want to risk people getting in a state where they can't flash their cat and it won't run etc. 

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 25d

that's totally fair enough. 

Not like theres a 1000 old windows laptops floating around cheap! 

Looking forward to getting stuck into it

• 2 months later...

0.60 has now released with ZF (ZF6HP) tuning. 

Thousands of new parameters (literally, there is over 1000 new tables) available.

Here is a brief summary of some of the extra features:

• Gear Controls: filling switching and ramp pressures for each gear
  • RPM and Shaft Speed controls: Limits on driving ranges, range switching acceleration limits, coast, upper engine speeds on tip in
  • Pedal and Throttle Limits: Pedal limits/Minimum throttle limit for kick down
  • Ramp and Boost Pressures: Clutch ramp and boost pressures for for the BF and FG Falocns
  • Shift Prevention and Forbidden Actions: Upshift and downshift prevention tables and tables of forbidden shifts
  • Shift Properties:  Additional tables and scalars to control shift between gears such as ramp and pressure gradients.
  • System: Diff ratio as well an many temperature controls
  • Transmission Delays: Delay times for downshift (eg 2nd to 1st) , off going clutch and closing ramp gradients.

See full release notes here:

https://forum.pcmtec.com/index.php?/topic/18-version-060-zf-release-friday-february-9th/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 10y 5m 28d

Urgent question for the tuners that play with Hp and have done conversions. Trying to get these issues sorted as soon as possible so we can make it to an event.

Setup is ba xr6t and Btr auto into el falcon. Have everything working turned all the pats off have it started and running just sorting through the last couple of small issues that I don't have time to sit and search and trial things till I sort them.

First issue is the tiptronic have it all wired up everything functions works on the dash when car isn't running as soon as you start and drive it stays flashing D on the dash and won't select performance mode. Guessing this is because the lack of speed sensor input through ABS module. We removed the extension housing and put an Au rear housing on it with the speedo gear fitted which from what I've found is the same way that ba Utes are setup?? What I'm looking for is what will I need to change to get the speedo working??

Second thing I would like to disable the O2 sensor so I am just leave it in forced open loop as the sensor is dead and I don't need it for economy coz it's a drift car haha. Which temp and functions do I need to max out to sort this??

Third problem is boost control. It's a turbo pcm but I've lost the boost control harness while doing the conversion. Will I run into any issues not having this plugged in if I'm not using the electronic control and simply just running it in open loop control off the wastegate spring pressure??

Like I said need to sort this as soon as I can like before the weekend so if I can get some quick answers to help me sort this it would be great. I don't want any of this trying to teach me by giving me hints coz I cbf with that sh*t please direct help answers haha.

@JETURBO, @Ralph Wiggum, @rollex, @Puffwagon

Edited by k31th

What tuning software do you have access to? We are adding vid block editor which can change the speed source but it won't be out by the weekend. 

I think you need another few weeks to sort these problems properly. 

• Member For: 11y 2m 16d
26 minutes ago, eff xr6t said:

Urgent question for the tuners that play with Hp and have done conversions. Trying to get these issues sorted as soon as possible so we can make it to an event.

First issue is the tiptronic have it all wired up everything functions works on the dash when car isn't running as soon as you start and drive it stays flashing D on the dash and won't select performance mode. Guessing this is because the lack of speed sensor input through ABS module. We removed the extension housing and put an Au rear housing on it with the speedo gear fitted which from what I've found is the same way that ba Utes are setup?? What I'm looking for is what will I need to change to get the speedo working??

Second thing I would like to disable the O2 sensor so I am just leave it in forced open loop as the sensor is dead and I don't need it for economy coz it's a drift car haha. Which temp and functions do I need to max out to sort this??

Third problem is boost control. It's a turbo pcm but I've lost the boost control harness while doing the conversion. Will I run into any issues not having this plugged in if I'm not using the electronic control and simply just running it in open loop control off the wastegate spring pressure??

First issue is you will need to change your speed source and there are quite a few to choose from. It is in SCT and our software for the calibration and we are testing the VID block editor as well. I doubt it is in HP Tuners. They may be able to help or you might have to get someone with other software to do it for you.

Second, turn it off in HP Tuners they support that.

Third, just use HP Tuners to tell it the boost sensor and wastegate sensor are not fitted.

Software is Hp ATM looking to buy your software for myself but I just borrowed my mates Hp dongle to get it going. Don't think I know anyone over here in WA that has pcmtec yet and it'd be a waste of time paying any of the Perth sct tuners it'll end up worse then it is now haha.

I put 0 in the o2 sensors fitted on the general tab but car wouldn't start then. Should I just disable it on the long term fuel trim?

First time doing any of this with Hp usually I'm tuning aftermarket ecus.

Yeh realistically I could sort through the issues over a couple of weeks myself but it was a quick decision let's go drifting that we made 2 days ago so If I can get it working I'll be stoked haha

Thanks for the help darrylC will find my laptop and change some things and see where I get.

Edited by eff xr6t

• Member For: 11y 2m 16d

Ah yes I thought you had one O2 sensor. Correct car wont start without an O2 sensor being configured. The Ford PCM needs an O2 sensor so the quickest solution is put one in. My bad for misunderstanding that you only wanted the front one configured.

There are two people in WA with our software, Robbie from Monster Torque and IH8TOADS. I am not sure what you are going to use as a speed source but the SCT boys only seem to know about TCS, ABS and transmission shaft, there are a few others as well.

Fun times :) 

We fitted an au falcon extension housing with the speedo sender but yeh couldn't find where to change the speed source in Hp tuners. Is there anyway I can make the tiptronic work without a speed source? I don't care about a speedo when I'm sideways just wanna be able to choose what gear it's in. It's only temporarily auto until I buy another clutch and then I'll bolt the manual in.