Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 10m 10d
1 hour ago, eff xr6t said:

Would still require a solid state relay for running the pump? Unless the PCM has a decent output capable of the current draw?

If you did that you would lose all speed control. Relay is on off, speed control requires a variable signal.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d
6 minutes ago, Boosting_G6E said:

ya would be very nice would even keep the heat of the fuel down marginally but how many "customers" would opt for this option?  

If fuel temp is a problem then a fuel cooler can be installed.

3 minutes ago, rollex said:

If you did that you would lose all speed control. Relay is on off, speed control requires a variable signal.

Aren't people running a custom relay and wiring to their bigger pumps anyway? I know there is a recommendation from walbro to do this with this with at least one of their pumps. You can easily incorporate a speed controller into the mix if this is the case.

Based of his earlier comment it appears that ralph has already done something like this.

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d
8 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Do it.

I detest surge tanks and running big pumps flat out all the time.

I'm primed as my fuel pump will take take a PWM control signal and im part way through and intank conversion.

Driving this with one wire from the ECU would make me very happy

XTddad5.jpg

HACCKFB KGO

Get that working and you can post a pic of me using my MVPI as a door stop (well temp door stop as I'll need still need it for logging ...hint hint) 

Yeah but LPG is for Fork Lifts and BBQ's

Or ecoboost G6's? aren't they a completely different ECU?

EcoLPi yes, I was told that Ford had to dumb it down as it had about 220kw so it would look the same as the petrol jobbie. Anyway we can tune them and yes if you find the matching PCM you (and we do mean you Ralph) have access to do what every you want. All the cars I have done on LI LPG make quite a bit more power than 98 but it is work getting the fuel once you get above 360rwkw on a turbo 6. 

Also there is another way to do fuel pump regulation, the old boost a pump (fuel pump voltage controller). That takes a single pump from about 300rwkw to over 400rwkw. MSD is programmed on pressure, which is perfect.

• Member For: 8y 1m 29d
1 minute ago, DarrylC said:

EcoLPi yes, I was told that Ford had to dumb it down as it had about 220kw so it would look the same as the petrol jobbie. Anyway we can tune them and yes if you find the matching PCM you (and we do mean you Ralph) have access to do what every you want. All the cars I have done on LI LPG make quite a bit more power than 98 but it is work getting the fuel once you get above 360rwkw on a turbo 6. 

Also there is another way to do fuel pump regulation, the old boost a pump (fuel pump voltage controller). That takes a single pump from about 300rwkw to over 400rwkw. MSD is programmed on pressure, which is perfect.

ah wait so you have gone boost on these eco lpi's?

so around 350rwkw would be a hiccup of needing more fuel? is that with out boosting the pump settings as I defintly wouldn't want to touch anything there which may sacrifise pump life probably not an everyday thing but have got larger jets here for it already when / if I go boost

also, the pump is multiple speed but I notice the PWM if we call it  is so dead accurate due to having a sensor in the rail / OEM level tune

But is it the concept as what Ralphy etc are chasing?

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Boost a pump does not change the life of the pump, this is well researched and is a common misconception. I have been running it for over 5 years now and done 250,000kms on it.

Pre Ford using the same injectors so mine is JTG on a TTG. Wifes car, tuned down to 390awkw, one pump plus a lot of secret LPG tweeks learnt getting there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

To everyone who hasn't been following we have some exciting news and can finally announce that PCMTEC is live!

We support flashing and editing the following PCM/TCMs (Engine ECU and Transmission ECU)

BA Falcon 2002-2005
BF Falcon 2005-2008
FG Falcon 2008-2017
Territory (Petrol) 2004-2017

We are selling 3 products Enthusiast, Professional and Workshop starting at $300 AUD which makes it the cheapest solution for DIYers. See the link below for details!

https://www.pcmtec.com/

Blog with updates for upcoming releases here:

https://www.pcmtec.com/blog

Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/PCMTECAustralia/

image.thumb.png.a33e0674c53b0424457bb0bc0b65527f.png

image.png.5cb058335ef73da4d6c7059df8f86d01.png

Edited by rollex
  • Like 5

Forgot to mention there is a demo with test files you can download and edit for free once you register on the site. So even if you aren't a tuner have a play around.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

It's good you've got it working and available.

The privacy policy is not suitable for me personally and I'm sure many others would agree when they have a read.