Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 10m 16d

Problem with return less is you have a lot more things to go wrong. A simple mechanical fuel regulator is much simpler and will maintain a stable pressure with basically no setup.

I like Ralphs setup, eg a return pump system but with a pump speed regulator so you aren't running it at full speed at idle. Very simple but best of both worlds imo, only con is you retain the return fuel line, but not really that big a deal.

Ralph I have an idea, retain the return fuel system but setup a speed signal from the PCM (eg enable return fuel flow) with no pressure sensor attached, I'm sure you could effectively turn it into a dumb speed controller where it winds the speed down at low loads. Then you don't need an external speed controller like you have now.

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 8y 2m 4d
7 hours ago, DarrylC said:

Ford does use a returnless system in one fuel type in the Australian Falcons. It can be done.

Only available in PCMTec:pandalol:

Hah and I think I own one actually haven't bothered to do a thing am tempted to buy the sct x4 for sale but ford tune is pretty spot on from factory I can't believe I said that hah

a far more advanced system than ALL your xr6t's running "heavy duty" side feed v10 viper injectors face palm :pandalol:

Edited by Boosting_G6E

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d
3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

No pressure sense for pressure control bothers me.

You already have a vacuum/boost signal controlling pressure. Chuck a fpg next to your boost gauge and you can see it from the cabin. It'd actually be a pretty handy street tuning addition.

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Reduced cost if all you need is a pwm controlled pump, PCM Speed control signal output and a FPS.

And a fuel rail including fittings, labour and tuning for those that can't do it themselves.

It's an interesting concept for discussion but it in my ohmo opinion just a reg and intank walbro (without taking into account surge issues) would take care of better than 99% of applications and is still cheaper.

Do it though.

You could build your own unit from some arduino related stuff that could control the pressure and flow pretty easily I imagine.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 26d
4 minutes ago, Boosting_G6E said:

what powers Ralph running

All of it jk.

Yep it has it's merits and if he can sort something out with it then it will be interesting to see in action.