Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 9y 9m 21d

Though if we can get returnless switched on in the BF/FG (I suspect it is not too difficult for us to do this) then someone could pair a tune with a mustang fuel pump setup. Would be a good selling factor if someone wanted to put the hard yards in getting a good base returnless tune working.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Yeah but LPG is for Fork Lifts and BBQ's

Or ecoboost G6's? aren't they a completely different ECU?

24 minutes ago, rollex said:

Though if we can get returnless switched on in the BF/FG (I suspect it is not too difficult for us to do this) then someone could pair a tune with a mustang fuel pump setup. Would be a good selling factor if someone wanted to put the hard yards in getting a good base returnless tune working.

Do it.

I detest surge tanks and running big pumps flat out all the time.

I'm primed as my fuel pump will take take a PWM control signal and im part way through and intank conversion.

Driving this with one wire from the ECU would make me very happy

XTddad5.jpg

HACCKFB KGO

Get that working and you can post a pic of me using my MVPI as a door stop (well temp door stop as I'll need still need it for logging ...hint hint)

Edited by Ralph Wiggum

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Get that working and you can post a pic of me using my MVPI as a door stop (well temp door stop as I'll need still need it for logging ...hint hint)

All in good time!

Be a good side project to play with, probably too much of a distraction right now. Though we could definitely assist with which variables to play with if someone has a spare returnless setup they want to play with.

1 hour ago, eff xr6t said:

Is this talking about returnless with the reg right near the pump and a single feed line to the rail or a speed control pump at the tank single line feeding rail with the speed control doing most of the pressure regulation?

PCM can control the pump speed based on pressure feedback (I believe). There are various returnless flow fuel tables you can edit to modify the pump duty cycle.

Eg this table appears to be the base duty cycle which is then modified by a PID controller, similar to how the closed loop boost control works. There is also a scalar to enable return flow fuel in the strategy, unsure what else would be needed to make it work but I'm sure with enough time it would be achievable with no extra hardware.

I'm unsure how they feed in pressure feedback to the table below, I would imagine very similar to how the closed loop boost control works though, eg a base duty cycle which is fed into a PID which adds a dynamic offset based on the error term.

8sRQJHh.png

Edited by rollex

• Member For: 10y 5m 28d

Yep that's what I thought but there also the other style returnless that still runs a pump at full noise but has the reg straght after the pump and a single line feeds the rail works well to a point but needs a large fuel line to the rail to keep fuel supply happy.

Have seen the returnless used with decent power ~530rwkw had twin 044 from surge in boot fed into a single -8 then T off the -8 straight after pump into reg and return to surge and the single -8 runs up to the fuel rail stops all the fuel in the return from getting the engine bay heat. Worked well to a point until about the 530+kw mark when the afr would start to fluctuate he got scared that the system was at its limit and the rail was running out of fuel so changed to a normal return setup and issue was resolved. I'd say the speed control returnless setup would suffer the same way but would work well for the average person that isn't after rudiculous power levels.