Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

I don't think there is a standard as such but if you have 2% or less on the trims then you're good as far as the tune goes. 

As far as the gauge moving give or take a point, that could be more to do with the wb feedback rate than the tune. 

I'd be happy if I got my car back with 2% trim and a steady wb readout.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m

If your cars idling like sh*t at stoich you have a bigger issue. 

Have a listen to the power and speed podcast EP with Greg Banish. Lots of good info about cats and lambda. 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

Did someone say cats?

EXIM4cc.jpg

Ralph Wiggum is right about the sh*tty idle. With a good tune a car should idle smoothly at a wide range of afrs.

• Member For: 8y 2m 2d
On 10/09/2017 at 8:57 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

If your cars idling like sh*t at stoich you have a bigger issue. 

Have a listen to the power and speed podcast EP with Greg Banish. Lots of good info about cats and lambda. 

is Ralph a tuner him self just curious seems as if the guy knows his stuff :)

and ya should idle fine from 11:1 to close 17:1 which it does,  easy way I find is to block of the FPR vacuum so it raise's pressure saves jumping to tablet to edit tune 

whilst on the subject to form a VE table, is it true its slightly easier with a boosted application have only done a few cars in past still the same concept obviously but was a bit fiddly 

also in vcm suite is there a way we can go by pulse width instead of target a/f ratio if that is possible would make it 100 x easier for me

Edited by Boosting_G6E

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
On 9/11/2017 at 11:19 PM, k31th said:

Ralph is a backyard tuna. 

Am Not, I'm either  

A Street Tuner

A Dyno Tuner

A Racetrack Tuner

But never a backyard tuner as although I've got a decent size back yard, getting up to speed and stopping without hitting the fence is very difficult.

Edited by Ralph Wiggum
  • Like 1

• Member For: 9y 10m 15d
9 hours ago, Boosting_G6E said:

is Ralph a tuner him self just curious seems as if the guy knows his stuff :)

and ya should idle fine from 11:1 to close 17:1 which it does,  easy way I find is to block of the FPR vacuum so it raise's pressure saves jumping to tablet to edit tune 

also in vcm suite is there a way we can go by pulse width instead of target a/f ratio if that is possible would make it 100 x easier for me

Does anyone know if any return flow fords run a fuel pressure sensor? They have the maps available for the returnless setups to scale slope based on delta P across the reg, just wondering if they are ever set up to use it as compensation on a return flow system as well.

Regarding target pulse width no that is not possible, these ECUs are designed to meet strict emissions and hence use a complicated speed density model to achieve this. Targetting pulse width would mean you have no scaling for temperature/humidity etc, unless of course you meant base pulse width (which is then added to). You could calculate this in excel though I'm not sure of the utility as the target pulse width is always going to be scaled and hence not what you log.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members

My F6 does Rolls.

But only because I've got a fuel lab pump and reg setup that varies pump speed based on return flow... :)

The only return flow systems I've seen with FPS's are the diesel setups.

Enable returnless control. We can all run mustang dual intank modules and pump controllers and get on with life.