Diy Tuning

Ralph Wiggum

• Member For: 14y 9m 13d

to gain access to parameters that I've known that are available & not implemented has been frustrating from a tuners point of view, which is why I love playing with these mustangs all these new tables & scalars to access..  I've just completed my own ghost cam for a manual mustang sounds awesome

but I like this & this dose interest me so keep up the good work & I'll be watching this space for further developments

cheers

joe

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d
1 hour ago, rollex said:

we can analyse the assembler to figure it out

Oh god...props to anyone that can stand to pick through assembly code like this.  You da real MVPs

MOV AX, BX is all I can remember from uni and that's enough for me!

*shudder*

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d
20 minutes ago, discostig said:

Oh god...props to anyone that can stand to pick through assembly code like this.  You da real MVPs

MOV AX, BX is all I can remember from uni and that's enough for me!

*shudder*

Ida Pro now has a Pseudo C code decompiler for PPC asm code. Costs $3k though, pretty keen to see what it looks like as it would save an absolute loads of time.

PPC assembler is the worst, super time consuming as there are so many commands to remember. Most the time I give up before I start due to how painful I find it. Darryl on the other hand is an oldschool programmer from back in the day and doesn't find it too bad, he might be a bit of a masochist though! :P

Edited by rollex
  • Like 2

Haven't even looked it beyond discussing how it could be done. Have a few ideas but quite a few other things need finishing before we will look at it.

Firstly we need to get the get payment portal and website finished, get editing down pat, then datalogging/scanning capabilities, DTC reset, PATS bypass, VIN change/copying calibration from one to another, boost by gear in a BF, Map tracing. 

Once we have all of the above nailed then we will look at live tuning. It can be done but no idea on how difficult or when/if. No promises but I do hope we can find the time to do it as it will be very cool.

Edited by rollex
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Pcmtec editor update for those of you following.

Updated the axis view to show all related tables. This is very interesting for all the new tables/axis we have found to help discover what they do.

iwYQPZl.png

We have found 94 new 2D tables, 250 Tables 1D, 70 Axis and ~6000 Scalars. As you can see a lot of these will be very easy to define as they are obviously load vs rpm tables.

Another interesting one is the load and rpm axis for the MBT spark table. People regularly rescale these tables due to running more boost but it turns out they are used by 3 other unknown tables that utilise these axis. So by messing with axis you could be potentially breaking something unknown in the ECU if you use the existing software. In this case the 3 unknown tables are all zero so it is safe to rescale, however there may be others which are not.

I will be implementing an auto re-interpolate function soon. So if you do change an axis it will re-interpolate any existing tables that use that axis so the resultant Z value is unchanged. If your new choice of axis means the values can't be maintained it will warn you.

SnsWuVC.png

Edited by rollex
  • Like 5

• Member For: 11y 2m 16d

If you mean existing software like SCT, Sniper or HPT then I am not sure. I don't think thing SCT or Sniper community think it is lacking but the BA/BF community on HPT are not ecstatic. 

If you mean our software then not at all, people have reported back that the "other products" do not have them either. In fact we have things like the exhaust cam retard that no one else has. 

What is being demonstrated here is that there are a lot of parameters we have found and the software is helping getting them defined for the customers.  

Our aim is to make the product flexible enough to handle the "missing parameters" and automate the population of them across all the calibrations.

Not sure what other products have these features though:ermm:

Does anyone know if SCT has the boost sensor mapped yet or if HPT have put it into the BA?

Edited by DarrylC
Other products could be SCT, Sniper, HPT
  • Like 3

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Yeah sorry for the confusion, I meant hpt, sct, etc are lacking. Looks to be coming along nicely :) 

Are you planning to eventually release it to the general population and is it going to be able to pull the existing tunes out?

Edited by MattyP