August 2015 Cruise

Krazy Kyle

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 8y 7m 26d

No worries KK. You are forgiven this time. ;)

I think that once I have a few maps from either Kyle or Steve, we can decide on which start point to use.

I am happy to have a central start point like Garvey park and then finish at some south or north location.

The alternative is to start at some North location and finish at some South location, or vice versa.

Please keep in mind that this cruise is in 2 weeks time and not this weekend, so there is no rush to get the maps out, now is there?

From memory, maps are normally sent out 2-4 days before the cruise. But if you want to get ANAL about it, we may as well send it out the day before, in case we have some cop amongst us.

Finger is pointing at you Anton and Stray..... :)

. Ha ha no way !!!! I got no time for them, good for f... all if u as me

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d

Phil, I have sent you an email.

Boganspeed only saw your post now. If I were a cop, then I would have a cop chip in my sedan.

This would mean that I could keep up with you. also remember that if I were a cop, I have evidence..........

sounds like you gonna be bending over in jail cause dem that tough....

So no one is willing to help a brother out and test the shared maps on the Google My app?

I doubt anyone will be able to view this when they click on it, but I am curious.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zqlcp2_qa26U.kz5p7bluQ5Sw&usp=sharing

I will need an email address to share this with you, if you are interested in viewing this map.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Okay, I have a few maps now, thanks to an un-mentioned source..... ^^^^^^^

That being said, I can not make Saturday arvo. If you guys prefer a Saturday arvo, Phil may need to run with this one.

I have been through one map so far and I have saved it in my Google maps area.

I am happy to try and share this with someone, but I will need an email address.

I would prefer to try and share this with someone that has an android phone first to see if it will work.

The reason I want to try this with someone that has an android phone, is that this map route/trip has way points put into the trip, instead of just a start and end destinations points.

If you want to test this for me, send me a PM with your email address. YOU WILL NEED "MY MAPS" TO BE INSTALLED.

I will be happy to share the process to anyone that may be interested in how this is done, but only once I have finished testing on both Android and IOS.

I am not even sure if this will work on IOS, but there is a webpage link that i can share as well.

Phil, I have sent you an email.

Boganspeed only saw your post now. If I were a cop, then I would have a cop chip in my sedan.

This would mean that I could keep up with you. also remember that if I were a cop, I have evidence..........

sounds like you gonna be bending over in jail cause dem that tough....

So no one is willing to help a brother out and test the shared maps on the Google My app?

I doubt anyone will be able to view this when they click on it, but I am curious.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zqlcp2_qa26U.kz5p7bluQ5Sw&usp=sharing

I will need an email address to share this with you, if you are interested in viewing this map.

I took you post above as happy to share once you have finished testing? not, need help now?

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

I need help now. I have taken close to an hour and a bit yesterday, following the instructions on one of the word documents that was sent to me.

I saved the map and then there was an option to share it. I clicked on share and it showed a link, which is the one above.

I have the option of choosing who has permissions to access the map. However I am curious if you guys can access it now, before I add email address to share the map.

• Like 1

I need help now. I have taken close to an hour and a bit yesterday, following the instructions on one of the word documents that was sent to me.

I saved the map and then there was an option to share it. I clicked on share and it showed a link, which is the one above.

I have the option of choosing who has permissions to access the map. However I am curious if you guys can access it now, before I add email address to share the map.

. Hi mate just tried to jump in to it before but no go, need permission it says.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

Saw that and I have replied to your email.

did you get the email I sent through?

I have the permissions locked down as I don't want everyone to view it right now.

I am testing it with two people at the moment.

The problem is not viewing the map, the issue is to get navigation working, so you don't have to pull over all the time and see which roads to follow.

This is beneficial more to those that are alone and do not have a co pilot.

If they get lost, they can just use google maps or the My maps application to carry on driving.

Once I get this sorted out, I can make maps available to the general public if need be.

Edited by masda74

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

That is what I wanted. The big question now is, can you use navigation to drive the map.

I remember the last night cruise that started at Hillaries, that Skylarkz put together literally lost all the way points once your started navigation.

Anyone out there with an iphone?

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Actually, I'm fairly certain (despite currently being in the middle of the desert) mine loses the way points once I start navigation...

I got a iPhone. I can't actually drive the route on the map but what I tried was go into my own google maps dropped a pin at point A where we star, chose to drive to York E on the map selected the route and she works.