Fg Xr6 Turbo Running On 5

jaydanfgturbo

• Member For: 8y 8m 19d

Hi all, reasonably new to this group but having dramas with my fg.

Car is an fg with a built 698 atomic engine with about 50000km on it. It started off dropping number 5 cylinder with a fault code suggesting it was coils, changed coils same problem. Got a new computer and loaded myHi all, reasonably new to this group but having dramas with my fg.

Car is an fg with a built 698 atomic engine with about 50000km on it. It started off dropping number 5 cylinder with a fault code suggesting it was coils, changed coils same problem. Got a new computer and loaded my files onto it and it was fixed... For about half an hour then dropped 5 again. After that You could start it up and it would run on sequential injection for the first 10 seconds then immediately drop number 5 again. So we decided maybe we would do the imjector harness. So we replaced that and got another new computer and loaded files onto it. At last she ran on all 6, even dynoed it and all again. Then without warning its dropped number 1 cylinder, with fault codes pointing to coil windings, swapped coils but number one has nothing. Doesn't even run on 6 when first started. That brings us to today. Starts and runs on 5 cylinders. I'm at breaking point and any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Edited by jaydanfgturbo

• Member For: 17y 10m 24d

I know a bloke up here who has had a similar problem with a BF turbo ute. He replaced pretty much everything but the rear wiring harness for the tail lights, and still had the problem.......Even after an engine change the cylinder drop persisted.

To cut a long story short, the cylinder drop was a result.of faulty software. Even when changing the ECU, the Ford flash that was reinstalled (By Ford) still contained the fault. Therefore the problem persisted. They eventually overcame the problem by flashng the ECU using a different VIN (Therefore a different file) and it has been running fine ever since......

This may or may not be the case with your vehicle, but strange things do happy. I cannot and do not understand how this happened to his BF ute, but it is something to keep in mind...

Be aware that if you do go down this road, to set your Xcal back to standard, before changing the VIN. old mate has a nice Xcal 3 as a paper weight.....

Good luck with finding your fault....

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 1