Windows 10

discostig

• Member For: 10y 11m 4d

"At this point, you'll no longer be participating in Microsoft's Wi-Fi sharing program, but your passwords may still be stored remotely. To disable Wi-Fi Sense altogether, you'll have to add a suffix of "_optout" to the end of your Wi-Fi network's name (SSID) through your router's settings menu."

Wow...Having to change my SSID just for this...?

• Like 1

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

Yeah lame eh.

edit - I haven't spent much time in the apps menu, all my stuff is pinned to task bar or icons on the desktop. I dislike the big grid interface. New old style start menu seems similar but will take some getting used to I guess.

Edited by -Stever-

• 4 weeks later...
  • Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d

Just installed W10 much better but so many little secrets within the settings. Checking MOFO!

Most I turned off straight away but thanks for post #1 (steve) I now have turned off more.

• 3 months later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 5d

Just upgraded W7 on my lappy to W10 today...haven't really had toooo much of a play yet, other than turning off most of the sh*t that Steve mentioned in his first post. What's the dealio with One Drive? I haven't signed into it...but can't see a way to remove/disable it yet?

• Donating Members

I just ignore it sitting there in the drive list.

EDIT

Don't click it, now it's trying to update the SOB.

Make sure it's not running at startup. Right click the cloud icon in tray and go to settings, disable start with Windows. Might be a way to remove the icon in Windows Explorer (drive listing) but I haven't looked for one.

Edited by -Stever-

• Donating Members

No issues playing Witcher 3 for me, haven't tried much else, a few minutes of GTA5 but not getting into that until I've played W3 through!

Have heard games should run faster on W10 but haven't looked for any hard numbers.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 19d

Anyone had any issue with games after going to W10? That's one of the main things stopping me from upgrading.

Since windows 10 uses directX 12, games are running faster. you get more of the oooohhhhhs and ahhhhhhhhhs.

I have played Fallout 4, battlefield 4, battlefront(Star Wars) without any issues.

This shouldn't be stopping you and keep in mind that we only have a year to upgrade to windows 10 for free. Time is ticking and it is almost half way through this 1 year period.

The only thing I hate about windows 10 is the start menu. it has the tablet view with the tiles and sh*t.

Here is a good article about customizing the menu

http://www.howtogeek.com/197836/8-ways-to-customize-the-windows-10-start-menu/

Just keep in mind that I hardly use the start menu anymore. I create icons on the desktop for the most used applications, that way I avoid the start menu all together.

• Like 2