• Member For: 10y 9m 26d

Hi ladies and gents,

I've taken my FG XR6T to Sinclair Ford to fix my issue of a dead ICC unit. Basically Touch screen is blank (no light), usb/aux/cd do not work. CD will only work when pressing eject and putting a new cd in. Reverse Camera does not work due to screen blackout. Bluetooth capabilities do not work.

Sinclair Ford tried to replace the initial unit and said the new unit would not connect with my car and would need to order a new unit. 6 weeks later they received new unit. New unit again would not connect to my vehicles computer and was non-responsive.

Has anyone else had this issue or something similar, if so how was it sorted?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 29d

I assume the car is still under warranty?

Tell Sinclair Ford to pull their fingers out of their bums and figure it out....

I have no idea if they are a good dealership, but maybe ask other dealers if this seems normal to them?

I thought you can put any ICC into your car and then the Ford dealer should be able to program it to suit....something about flashing the software?...But I'm only guessing and haven't researched an ICC swap before :P

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 9y 3m 11d

Good luck with Sinclair, worst dealer ever!! Read my post in this and go to different dealer. They are f*cked!

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89737-radio-interference/#entry1547708

Short story was that it took them 8 weeks to install my new ICC unit and I still have issues, multiple phone calls to them and Ford and they are now not interested to help. The service manager (Chris) is a rude *beep* who wouldn't know customer service if it bite him on the bum. My advise is call dept fair trading and make a claim now so that the dealer pinciple see it as the manger won't let you talk to him. Dealer is John Cooper, ask for him and get it sorted ASAP.

I had to wait for John to turn up in the morning just to get my point across and avoid Chris.

Good luck

• Member For: 10y 9m 26d

Good luck with Sinclair, worst dealer ever!! Read my post in this and go to different dealer. They are f*cked!

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89737-radio-interference/#entry1547708

Short story was that it took them 8 weeks to install my new ICC unit and I still have issues, multiple phone calls to them and Ford and they are now not interested to help. The service manager (Chris) is a rude *beep* who wouldn't know customer service if it bite him on the bum. My advise is call dept fair trading and make a claim now so that the dealer pinciple see it as the manger won't let you talk to him. Dealer is John Cooper, ask for him and get it sorted ASAP.

I had to wait for John to turn up in the morning just to get my point across and avoid Chris.

Good luck

nitrofgxr6t I spoke with Chris and he's normally been good help but since sending the car in for night repairs as they're open later than others he wants nothing to do with any of my concerns and the night manager has no idea what the issue is. waiting now over 2 months to get the issue fixed, I am starting to think that I will have to take it up with fair trading. If you can give me any further info on how to deal with fair trading in regards to the issue it would be appreciated.

I assume the car is still under warranty?

Tell Sinclair Ford to pull their fingers out of their bums and figure it out....

I have no idea if they are a good dealership, but maybe ask other dealers if this seems normal to them?

I thought you can put any ICC into your car and then the Ford dealer should be able to program it to suit....something about flashing the software?...But I'm only guessing and haven't researched an ICC swap before :P

It is still under warranty, I've spoken to other dealerships and they all play ignorant saying nah we have never replaced an ICC unit. Yet the manager at Sinclair said that they are short nation wide with them. I dunno just too much B/S with these guys atm...

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

Sounds like a job for consumer affairs.

Tell them fix it by xx/08/2015 if not completed ad working you will contact consumer affairs. Also give HQ a call and let them know even though they will do F*%K all but at least they know of the issues.

• Member For: 9y 3m 11d

Make a claim now as the dept sends a complaint to Ford and the dealer so this might get the ball rolling faster. Sinclair Ford told me at first that they have never had to replace a ICC, then when I went in the had 8 on order including mine, then when sh*t hit the fan Chris played dumb and said it not common and mine was the first even though someone on here was going though the same issues and now you as well. Don't bother ring Ford HQ they just tell you to ring the dealer.....

I think from memory 4 people including me have had this issue with Sinclair on this forum.