Swapping From Gtx3576 To Gtx3582

747pwr

• Member For: 13y 1m 9d

Hey guys as the title says I'm changing from the smaller gtx35 to the larger one, just wondering if the same silicone joiner from compressor inlet to airbox can be used? So I can order beforehand.

has a plaz 4inch race airbox.

I'll do a dyno overlay when its complete- it made approx 470rwhp in a FG mk2 completely maxxed with the 76, on 98 at 18psi. So ill do another run at 18psi and then maybe 20-22.

Mods were plaz stage 3 intercooler and pipework, x force 4inch exhaust, big valve springs, KPM 1000hp fuel module and 1000cc squirters, Atomic billet oil pump complete.

Im scared for the zf gearbox as im hoping to make 550rwhp with either 98 or e85, its the PWR heat exchanger so we'll see how it goes.

Edited by 747pwr

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 29d

You'll shiet in 550 with a gtx82, the 82 has a 4" intake. So if the 76 does aswell, you're all good

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 10m 29d

Also, if it's a torquey tune the so is not going to like 400rwkw, from what I have read

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

Do you mean the GTX or GT version turbo's as I don't believe the GTX3576 would be maxed out with 18psi and 350rwkw unless you have other major restrictions like exhaust???

Trying to clarify...

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 1m 9d

GTX as the title and post says - im 100% sure. The car with above parts made 430rwhp with standard FG XR6T turbo maxxed, 470rwhp with the GTX3576 maxxed- so disregard the 18psi because with no exhaust, 4inch intake and no waste gate it couldnt make over 18psi, infact it only makes 18psi in the mid, tapers off to 16psi.

although only making 40hp different peak power the boost comes on alot sooner and it makes 90hp more in the mid, that's why I want to change to the gtx3582- should finally make the power and smash the tyres like I want.

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 20d

You don't have the 76 set up right if it can't create more than 18psi

These will go upwards of 25psi on a closed gate

• Like 2

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 13d

Agree

I run a bit over 20 on 98 - 400kw and another member sees 24 (I think) for 440 odd on e85 and he ran a 10.71 at 131 so I would suggest that the gtx..76 isn't the problem