True Trac Diff

Silverfox666

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

My diff right now has a wine from hell at 120km and I am anal as faaaark it sh*ts me Lol

My tail shaft is being built next week too with cromemolly tube and a serviceable centre CV with circlips ....

What diff bushes are you running? Where they changed at the same time the TT was installed?

As Ratter said diff gear noise has nothing to do with the TT only gear setup or diff bush issues.

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

the trutac will not whine, that sounds like a set up issue

What diff bushes are you running? Where they changed at the same time the TT was installed?

As Ratter said diff gear noise has nothing to do with the TT only gear setup or diff bush issues.

My noise ended up being caused by the left blade bush being...well....not there basically.

As soon as that was swapped out for Whiteline, no more noise

• Member For: 9y 3m 2d

All my bushes are SUPERPRO the three diff ones are the solid superpro' so I know that is transferring the noise , what do you mean that's probably in the set up Ratter ???? Ears are open

When you say TT are you refering to the true trac ??? If so that hasn't been installed yet I'm waiting on mechanics to fit me in there all booked out for 2 weeks roughly

Edited by Silverfox666

• Member For: 17y 10m 1d

many people blame a new diff centre (lsd centre) for a whine at speed, the lsd centre can not make any noises while traveling in a straight line at any speed, it can be from a worn gear set and incorrectly set up gear set

• Member For: 9y 3m 2d

Oh ok , so do you suggest when I get the true trac installed I should get a new gear set also and for them

To make sure they correctly set the mesh ???, I know they are replacing the bearings as well

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

I would advise getting a new gearset and having the diff setup correctly if you're going to the trouble off pulling the diff apart...saves the heartache of having everything put back together only to have a whine that makes you pull it all apart again.

With an auto it should be fairly quiet, with respects to thuds etc. I had a manual FG turbo with a truetrac and solid super pro bushes and the diff was whisper quiet (I.e. no whine) BUT I did get a slight thud when I was putting the car into first gear from neutral (I've since noticed my mates Monaro doing this same thing with his Wavetrac).

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 8m 1d

im running a true trac and its very quiet.. I do have light nvh as im running independent motorsport rear end with it, don't worry bout another standard centre truetrac will not disappoint!

• Like 1