Putting Some Muscle In The Family Bus.

Scootty

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 18d

I think he is referring to OP's specific setup, not the restriction on the injectors themselves.

1000cc are good for around 500rwkw on E85, more on 98. Dependant on what lambda etc the tuner wishes to tune to.

• Like 2

• Member For: 9y 5m 5d

You loose a few KW due to it being all wheel drive... apparently a 410rwk engine (since you guys tend to use kw) ends up being only 380awkw due to extra friction or static and some technical term and being a skinny rod motor compared to the FGs Im guessing the tuners are running them fatter to keep em safe. Than again I could be wrong. But ey 400 to 500 ponies is close enough. The guy gets the idea.

• Member For: 9y 5m 29d

Thanks guys for the replies. My thoughts are aiming for low 300+kw's for now, I don't want to start breaking drive train as it is the family bus ( would be stuffed with it off the road for to long). Thanks Grego for the heads up on compression (I'll check on the weekend) and the diff bushes. I had found posts talking about the pro's and cons of removing the turbo oil line filter from the banjo fitting and also the line blockage at the turbo end. My reasoning behind using a kit was it allowed serviceability of the filter and also it would make it easy to remove the section of braided line from the filter to the turbo, allowing it to be cleaned of burnt oil buidup. Most of the posts on mods generating low 300+kw's seam to use Siemens 60lb injectors and X3 flash. Would this be about right for 300+Kw's? Or are there better alternatives?

Does anyone know a tuner in Brisbane?

• Member For: 15y 9m 8d

1: Turbo oil feed line filter kit. Which kit to use? Speedflow or Earls/ GJ drivelines? Or other?

Grab and Earls kit from here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/fittings2u

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181164620296

That one's also got the heat sleeve on the turbo end to prevent cooking the oil in the hose after you've stopped.

Edited by PhilMeUp

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Ok, I'm a bit late but I'll throw my 2 cents in seeing as I also own a TT (F6X) but I purchased mine 2nd hand and modified...

My mods consist of 60lb Siemens Injectors, Debunged exhaust and the cat has been punched out. Intake is standard but the whole bottom front of the air box has been cut out with the usual K&N filter in place. The intercooler consists of an original Process West Stage 3 intercooler flipped upsidedown and custom stainless steel piping with EXTERNAL diameters of- Hot side 2.5in and the hot side is nearly 3inch (75mm?). The hot side in my opinion is to small but I'll look into it when I fit my 4in dump pipe and maybe a valve that opens to atmosphere after the cat so it flows 4in or similar as exhausts for Territories are rapists at the minimum! I know the exhaust will sound like poo when on full boost but hey, it's cheap!!!

Those few mods above with which the intercooler is the most significant did a 12.??sec 112mph from memory in the hands of the previous owner so we are looking at 280-290awkw and might I add that there aren't allot of cars on the street that can match me to 200mtrs...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d

Haven't used a catalytic converter on my cars since 2005 and no cat is the best for no restriction! The xr6t had a single 3.5in xforce system which I had the local exhaust shop to make a straight piece of pipe with flanges so I could change it out if need be but had no problems. The Terry was purchased from Mackay like that with a punched out cat. I live in Nth Qld and tbh I'm not sure the EPA even exist up here as I've never been pulled over for only a vehicle check... I am 38 now though and both cars were standard looking.