Religious Beliefs And Global Society

Buf-Phoon

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Hi all,

This is not a confrontational thread but my confusion over the meaning

of religion other than simple and multiple belief systems across time and geography.

Without doing a degree in theology all religions all have different attributes.But

there is a recurring delineation.

1/ Belief in a deity " supreme being"

Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Mormans, Sikh and others

or if Roman,Greek or Egyptian ancient history , many other purpose dedicated gods

ie. Bill sh*tten the latter day god of IR. ( hehehe)

2/Then there all the many subsets of the above, each with permeatations for the greater good.

3/ The prophets and sales side of the business. JC , Mohammed,Jehova, Isaiah,etc selling the UNITY message

4/ They all wrote books and instruction manuals, Bible,Torah. Koran. Watch Tower etc, etc ( non exclusionary)

5/ By now the message is all diluted and many seeking differing outcomes ?Reverse funnel and the crap is getting channeled our way.

6/ Original and inherent goodness is picked to bits Not for that purpose of "one world" but to gain territorial

and moral advantage by any means possible, Vatican, IS , Sikhs& Tamils and the list goes on.

IMO religion is literally being hijacked and not for good,I just make a simple point. That is to be sure what

you believe in. I'm just saying,

I'm watching yet another recycling of history, under which God?

They can't all be right? Surely?

Treat others as you would be treated.Not that hard.Job done. or is it ?

Answers ? I find the global personnae is leaderless. There is little genuine concensus on anything.

Just sayin. Remain perplexed by it all like me? Just keep killing is not a cure.Never was

Edited by Buf-Phoon
  • Like 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

Ruke up to you, the post is not pointing any fingers, just highlighting that historically

there cannot only be one god and I think at least one can't be telling the truth.

A purely philosophical conversation ? Just looking at it historically.

Maybe there is one god? I don't know. Just needs a shrink IMO that being true.

Mod call. Do unto others not a bad value to start with

Edited by Buf-Phoon

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 7m 22d

There is no god only death.

We are born then live then die. Simple

And if there is a god sh*t happens.

I dont believe in any religion or gods.

The wife used to sing in a church but now she sings a different song on sundays. Lol:p

Religion = war, child abuse, brain washing, sh*t songs, two faces. Ect....

Just my 2 cents.

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Not sure if I should lock this thread to keep the loonies out or leave it open to keep the loonies in....?

Please don't lock me out..........I don't like being left out....................

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Oh dear...great thread...

I've shared my thoughts on religion and life in general before but biz has pretty much nailed it...there is much evidence that supports this simple theory in great detail...however here's the thing, all of the knowledge that humans have came from....other humans, so who gets to decide who is right and wrong? Humans? Lol. In short once you gain some perspective of our existence within this vast universe you soon realise just how insignificant we actually are.

There is one thing that remains common and consistent throughout the universe. Time, and it's ticking away for all of us. Enjoy yours, and endeavour to help others enjoy theirs where possible. You don't get another chance and it's entirely possible that coincidental conditions will never be just right to support life ever again, anywhere. Well not as we know it anyway...

• Like 4