Need Honest Help On Fuel Supply For 500Awkw

Grego.77

• Member For: 9y 5m 5d

Iv got an in tank walbro 255 because I originally only wanted 320 on 98 and 380ish on E85. But since I had to do a rebuild and a new turbo (pt6466) my setup should be by right for around the 500awkw mark. I really need some advice on what to run, Would 1x bosh 044 be sufficient with a 2 liter surge and is the walbro suitable as a lift pump. Do I need to do any modifications eg fuel reg rails upgrade fuel line diameters ect and whats involved. I need a cheap set up as Im running low on funds at the moment. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Cheap set up and 500awkw

Yeh right buddy lol

Do some calcs and pick a set up based on required flow and target lambda

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 18d

If you're aiming for for 500awkw you're in for an unpleasant suprise if you haven't touched engine, gearbox or driveline...

Also no, 2x 044s would be needed, but if you haven't already purchased an 044 there are better options out there these days.

• Like 1

Atomic 698 rods, Mahle pistons, Atomic oil pump, H/D timing chain, sprockets, moly retainer bolt, HD tensioner, screw in head studs, performance springs, all decked square and blue printed 1000kpm injectors plazmaman fmic 4" intake pt6466 4' dump 3.5" straight through B&M transcooler all that's in and running at the moment. Cars booked in for Billet input shaft cryo output atomic flex plate megatronics exedy clutches ect ect.

So Ill ask again whats the cheapest way to run fuel pumps and what is needed. I can spend $1695 for an intake twin fuel pump setup but Im pretty sure there is a cheaper way out of this.

If you're aiming for for 500awkw you're in for an unpleasant suprise if you haven't touched engine, gearbox or driveline...

Also no, 2x 044s would be needed, but if you haven't already purchased an 044 there are better options out there these days.

I haven't purchased anything yet in regards to the fuel set up apart from an in tank walbro. So what are the better options?

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 18d

I have 2x044s, plaz surge and walbro 460 intank but if I had to do it all again now I'd go for one of the KPM 1500hp intank setups.

Plug and play, no noise, no smell, no surge.

If you are going to run E85 and want it to be reliable you will probably need to upgrade all fuel lines between end of steel lines and rail/reg, an upgraded fuel reg and rail as well, although some people get away without them.

Expect to run into issues with E85 and the 044s in the long run too, rated for 500 hours but heard of quite a few goong recently including one of mine (may not be to do with E85 though I'm not sure)

My advice is spend the bit extra, go with the KPM intank, you will thank yourself in the future.

Glad to see you're on top of engine and box, although aren't there a lot of issues with the drive shafts and rest of driveline in the territories with power? Again not sure on that one, someone will chime in

• Like 1

I have plans for the transfer case and tail shaft will be upgraded when need be. Drive shafts aren't an issue apparently probably because the power gets transmitted more evenly. I guess if your doing hellies they might let go. Is the KPM intank a complete unit? I mean is it a swirl pot with sender and pumps inbuilt? My setup at the moment is the 4 screws ontop to hold the unit down apparently on the later models they have a screw type lock. Where do I find a KPM setup?