Ba Central Locking Problem

kosmo90

• Member For: 10y 2m 21d

BA falcon central locking keeps unlocking itself.
Doors are closed but the dash light (ign on) and interior light stay on as if the doors are open.
All the actuators work (car does lock for a couple of seconds)

It was after the rain in Perth today so maybe water ingress?
I've tried disconnecting all the actuators one by one but nothing seems to work. Strange problem!!
Using the key to lock and it does the same thing.
Anybody got any ideas what to check??

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 22d

I had the same issue about 3 yrs ago after pretty heavy downpour in Melbourne. It went away after everything dried out. Not had it since. But I guess could happen again. I suspect mine was a short circuit somewhere due to moisture ingress but after I drove over a few speed bumps (don't laugh) something must have moved because it has behaved ever since (interior lights turned off after I drove over the bumps). Even had Mick's team look over the doors and they couldn't find anything.

• Member For: 15y 8m 11d

BA falcon central locking keeps unlocking itself.

Doors are closed but the dash light (ign on) and interior light stay on as if the doors are open.

All the actuators work (car does lock for a couple of seconds)

It was after the rain in Perth today so maybe water ingress?

I've tried disconnecting all the actuators one by one but nothing seems to work. Strange problem!!

Using the key to lock and it does the same thing.

Anybody got any ideas what to check??

Photo guide: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89014-photo-essay-central-locking-repair/

For your car:

Open up each actuator and have a look inside when you test them.

BA_Falcon_Central_Locking_12_24_4_2014.j

Double check that none of the plastic worm gear shafts are broken.

BA_Falcon_Central_Locking_14_24_4_2014.j

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Phil, pulled them all apart today and theyre all sweet (wish it was that simple), all the doors lock just fine in that 3 seconds before it unlocks.

Also tried disconnecting each one but doesnt do anything different apart from the drivers door which causes a lock/unlock frenzy until I plug it back in.

Might have to find a few speed humps to hit (my luck the front bumper will fall off)

At the moment ive pulled the cruise and interior light fuses, also diconnected the outside door handles just leaving the drivers door to get in and out of to stop theft and create a pain for passengers.

The dash light stays on so if that ever goes out, ill know the water's drained from whatever the hell its gotten into.

Does anyone know if any of the code readers can pick a specific door that's open? or is just Fords wds?

Edit: come to think of it, I only noticed that microswitch with A4 12 written on it in the above picture on the drivers door actuator.

Edited by kosmo90

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

A mates ba was doing this a couple years back, turned out to be a stuffed bcm.

$700 nzd later and problem gone for good with a replacement bcm coded by ford. Hope its not that for you, but food for thought.

Hopefully wont come to that, im sure its water ingress.

If I did need a new BCM, couldnt I just buy a second hand one and get it reprogrammed like I might if I upgraded to colour ICC???

Mmm something to think about........

If I cant find the fault, I'll take it to Ford for a scan and go from there. I'll give it a week or so, let it dry out

Final update: The only reason the dash light was still on was because I hadnt replaced the interior light fuse, as soon as I did that everything went back to normal.

Thanks for everyones help, I can now remove interior door trims and disconnect/remove the locks in no time at all. Might come in handy in the future

• Like 2