My 2010 XR50T Ute

OZYWALKER

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m
22 hours ago, OZYWALKER said:

Made some progress with the Ute over the last few weeks. Pulled out the Process West airbox, rail lines and surge tank out on a Sunday and fitted the new gear when there was time after work.
Now have a Plazmaman airbox, intake plenum, fuel rail and surge tank with twin peirburg pumps.

qs810m9.jpg

I used Mack 247 fittings and lines for the fuel and vac lines.
I ran 400 series pushlock hose for the fuel system, -6 supply and -8 return with an FRP2000.
Replaced the brake booster fitting with an aftermarket with a -6 end then ran -6 400 series to the intake manifold. Also used -4 pushlock for the other vac lines. Have used oetiker clamps on all hose ends. Will be using the remaining NPT port on the manifold for a gauge line/fitting and to use a "normal" vac hose for tuning purposes.

Should have some new turbosmart race port BOVs show up soon then I'll have a new cold side fabbed up. Also have some 50mm2 cable and other parts showing up soon to relocate the battery to the toolbox in the tray.

-6 supply and -8 return? 

Y though? 

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Same size lines I had with the previous setup, wich I know is proven for big power and works well with the fpr2000. New surge has more capacity wich will be needed once I get the built motor sorted out one day down the track.

Guessing you would have gone with a different setup?

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 29d

interesting you ditched the process west gear for plaz gear, they sure are making some good stuff lately. 

Edited by Ford Freak

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Swapped the surge due to volume and went the rails as it comes with the manifold. Been wanting an unpainted airbox for a while so just went the lot.

Nothing wrong with the process west gear bar the size of the surge tank, have seen quite a few big powered cars needing to upgrade from it when pushing past 800+hp.