My 2010 XR50T Ute

OZYWALKER

• 1 month later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 28d

So I've had to hold of on the wheels for a bit. Had some tools knocked off from site a few weeks back, so everything's slowed up a bit for now.

Hopefully I'll be having the tyres fitted on the weekend but won't have time to sort the guards or camber brackets out for a few weeks at least.

Next up before the guard work is a manual conversion. I have lined up a compete manual conversion from a low km hail damaged FG Mk2 ute and will be having that all fitted in 2 or so weeks.

At this stage I know the rear guards will need a heap of work to fit the new wheels and tyres so if there's room to move them inwards I'll sort out a B series axle as they're around 50mm narrower than the FG axle.

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Just a wee bit of poke.......

abc74bda8dc66a590ef1c2f3ab15d231.jpg

19fd23398e708d6ec5abaade6df571bf.jpg

114000a2759d75061b6ad045db3b73bc.jpg

ad6128aaf0136eb2f1e425e8c3089fd5.jpg

c1c2331d6dca7fc2e024aaa3c2bf6000.jpg

Fronts will be right once rolled and camber is sorted.

The rear rims sit flush with the guard but the pirrellis are pretty wide and I don't want to have the stretched look. I'll probably sort a b series axle to fix that, cant see the guards pumping out that much.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

So the manual conversion is all sorted mechanically. Did it all at a local wreckers which was great as spares were a plenty and there were a lot more parts involved than I'd thought.
We used a manual engine harness instead of modifying the auto harness. Had a standard reconditioned tail shaft fitted. The rest was all stock parts from the donor ute.
Was surprised to find all the flex plate bolts were tight considering how it has been driven.
Removing and fitting the starter motor with a process west surge tank is a dog of a job, made it even worse as I have a catch can fitted there as well.

Have a tune issue at the moment. Returned it to stock tune prior to pulling anything out but now it doesn't want to accept the new tune. Will have to have it trucked home tomorrow and have the tune issue sorted out in the next week or so.

Only managed to get one pic of it during the job.ad9a213d7941dd54829b62f7f10d270a.jpg

• Like 4

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 27d

The old long extension bar on a battery rachet gets the starter motor bolts out from the front by underneath the thermostat housing ;) 

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

That's a bloody long extension hey, ended up using a ratchet spanned cos chit was in the way.

Any ideas why the bitch won't take a tune? Pm if you want.