My 2010 XR50T Ute

OZYWALKER

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 24d

Have you got the reverse eye spring or something? Or do ya drive like an old Fark?

nah didnt tramp when stock

got lowered kings front and rear still no tramp

lol drive like a old fark on the street, so far 10.7 at the track.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 17d

Got some new wheels, they didn't clear the brembos even though the dealer guaranteed they would.

Anyway all sorted at st George tyres with a good deal on a set of 18" XXR 550s. Fronts 8.75 +36 with 255/40r18 rears 9.75 +36 with 295/35r18.

Nice wider track, surprised how well the invos grip even as a new (under 500km) tyre. Could still fit an 11" wide with 325 in the rear pretty easily I think.

78d8ef7dc2bec5b8bafaaf8d57c11c36.jpg

2a53a4924e48d88db1a5aee338e2799c.jpg

cb06a262b5dda299c1e841921c9635a3.jpg

Also tidied the engine bay up a bit, moved the catch can under the intake manifold and fitted new lines and fittings. Then used the old catch can bracket to fit a new overflow tank.

c57a12ccb3705d46a9b5b151b4b306aa.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

Decided it's time to get rid of the caltracs and leaf springs all together.

Tried it without the caltracs and it still tramps even with the shockworks rear dampers.

I've tried 2 different types of bushes with the caltracs. One being a sleeved poly style bush and even tried a modified ford bush. The Ford bush lasted 3 weeks and the sleeved poly bush split pretty quickly, I'm assuming due to being a bad batch of poly as it was custom made.

The ride wasn't really improved with either bush as the brackets that sit around the leaf eye squeak alot and I've found that grease only lasts a week or so before it gets noisy again.

So to well and truly sort out I've ordered a 5 link from performance suspension.

81ea4fb16b8634148893769c892074b4.jpg

• Like 10

• Member For: 9y 3m 5d
6 hours ago, OZYWALKER said:

Decided it's time to get rid of the caltracs and leaf springs all together.

Tried it without the caltracs and it still tramps even with the shockworks rear dampers.

I've tried 2 different types of bushes with the caltracs. One being a sleeved poly style bush and even tried a modified ford bush. The Ford bush lasted 3 weeks and the sleeved poly bush split pretty quickly, I'm assuming due to being a bad batch of poly as it was custom made.

The ride wasn't really improved with either bush as the brackets that sit around the leaf eye squeak alot and I've found that grease only lasts a week or so before it gets noisy again.

So to well and truly sort out I've ordered a 5 link from performance suspension.

81ea4fb16b8634148893769c892074b4.jpg

Wow, I'm interested to see how this works out, been looking into this for my ute. How much if you don't mind me asking?

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members

It is a bolt in kit bit it needs mods to the exhaust and bump stops depending how low you set it.

Trav has fitted one to his F6 ute. He's posted pics on his thread on AFF. Looks like a top kit.