Project Cars

m1rkz

• Member For: 11y 3m 22d

So after looking at some reviews, screenshots and vids etc I decided to go buy the game on Steam.

I purchased for PC because it appeared to be the superior version, and in future it wouldn't surprise me if there's mods and other wonderful things that the community put into it.

Although I find it quite playable on controller, I'm thinking this game is going to be better suited to a wheel set up which I'm beginning to look into.

Anyone else playing the game, have any thoughts or want to join up for sessions?

Add me on Steam m1rkz.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 23d

I'll have it once my bloody pre order comes in for PC - the warehouse was flooded in storms apparently.

I'm going to blow the dust off my old Logitech G27 wheel to play.

Yeah I'd heard that as well, which was nearly pushing me toward the PS4 version.

I'm looking into wheels, really not sure what I want to get though. I'm thinking PS4/PC Compatible would be nice, but at the same time I don't currently own any PS4 games that require it (unless I buy this again for PS4 for some reason).
The T500RS looks good, I like the pedal set etc, but the price at $7-800 ish isn't very appealing. The T300RS also looks interesting, but the pedals are sh*t, only having the brake/gas pedals (Though I can easily upgrade everything on this down the track if I got serious into sim driving).The G27 looks good too and comes with the stick shift as well, which the others don't have, but isn't compatible with PS4.

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members

PC version will always be miles ahead in terms of visuals if you have the hardware for it.

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

G27 with fantec sequential shifter for cars that require it, is a great setup for the price. There are better setups like the one tom mentioned but unless your bloody serious about sims then I couldn't justify the expense.

Been thrashing the g27 for 3 years now without an issue. Now, I need to check out this game...

Edit: on the g25 the shifter could be switched between sequential and H pattern but they dropped it on the next model vf Late model camira style. My guess is to many broke.

Edited by barnz

• Spooling Member
  • Donating Members

post-48988-143185318749_thumb.jpg

Picked up a playseat and a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter which is miles ahead of the G27 shifter - all metal and with adjustable resistance, actually feels like a proper gearbox rather than being able to shift with your pinky of the G27 one.

Game is awesome - if anyone else has it add me on steam "TommyTwoHanks" and we'll have a game.

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Turn your pedals upside down and swap the clutch and brake pedal around and remap them. Feels better IMO. Also a slightly stiffer spring in the throttle. Just my personal preference.

I got a g27 the other day and loving it so far. Got it 2nd hand but looks new the brake pedal has the upgraded spring. Very stiff. Also has had the clutch spring swapped with old brake spring. So different to drive with a wheel. Will add u on steam Tom my nick is m1rkz