Lock Compartment Under Front Seat And Window Washer

MrTurboGhia

• Member For: 9y 3m 7d

Hi All 2 questions here, does anyone know how to remove the bottom lock compartment under front seat? I dropped a key down the side and now have no idea how to get it back,

the other question is the front wiper washers used to squirt water out and now has stopped, the back window works fine, is there a fuse or would this be a washer motor issue

thanks heaps

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

1. What car? edit: just realised - territory, no idea on the compartment, sorry

2. Front and rear washers/wipers usually use different bottles - is the front one empty? - front bottle is in the engine bay (has a windscreen and wiper embossed on it)

Edited by Rab

• Member For: 9y 3m 7d

ok sorry 2009 ttg under the front drivers seat is a lock box to put wallet and phone I guess if your at beach or out

so is there 2 different bottles for each wiper? the one I found at the front right is full, cant hear a sound when button pushed but if there is another bottle then I may need to find and check it

thanks

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 2m

Sorry - not sure with the territory (my paj had the rear bottle in the rear door) - have you got a car manual you could check? Will show where the rear bottle is (although it's not important for your query)

If your front bottle is full then Ralph was probably on the mark with his line of questions (hope someone follows up soon)

• Member For: 15y 9m 9d

the other question is the front wiper washers used to squirt water out and now has stopped, the back window works fine, is there a fuse or would this be a washer motor issue

Either the washer pump is blocked with algae or it's stopped working. Very easy to fix. You can buy an aftermarket pump from Repco, etc, for around $20.

2. Front and rear washers/wipers usually use different bottles - is the front one empty? - front bottle is in the engine bay (has a windscreen and wiper embossed on it)

On the Falcons there is the one bottle. Cars with a rear wiper have a second water pump.

Photo guide: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89260-photo-essay-replacing-the-windscreen-washer-pump

If there's any algae or grime in the water tank then flush it out with a hose.

FPV_Tornado_Ute_35_26_11_2014.jpg

Windcreen_Washer_Pump_07_25_9_2014.jpg